1 pound a week & 60 min a day workout (CLOSED)

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Evercia
    Evercia Posts: 13
    Options
    Starting weight: 220
    Goal weight: 185
    July 25th: 213
    August 2nd: 215
    August 8th: 210
    August 15th: 212
    Challenge goal: 205

Went up this week but it was really expected since I was away from home/my gym and went out to dinner with friends three times last week. One more week before school starts for me.... I hope to at least lose back those two pounds this week. Current short term goal is to get down to 200pounds before i go to Vegas in October. Gotta remember to keep logging at get my lazy *kitten* to the gym.
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    25th July FIRST DAY : 169 lbs
    1st August : 167.8 lbs
    8th August : 167.4 lbs
    15th August : 164.4 lbs
    22nd August FINAL DAY

This week was a good week... I am stoked. I even had a cheat evening on Sat. It was my b-day so needed mexocan food for dinner then went to see a movie. I could have made better choices, but ate lite all day to save up. We ate an early meal & went to the theatre at the mall. We walked, albeit at a slow pace, for an hour and a half. I think that helped.

My shoulder is feeling better. I made it to yoga on sat & then went for a massage. It still hurts a little, but nothing like before. I made it to my 60 minute Plyo class today & feel better now that I am in my normal routine
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Better week, even though it was my boyfriend's birthday on Saturday - lots of eating out... The workouts really helped.

25th July FIRST DAY : 220.5 lbs
    1st August : 217.3 lbs
    8th August: 217.0
    15th August: 215.7
    22nd August: FINAL DAY
  • peariel
    peariel Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I have been so slack about posting. I went on vacation and it threw me off. Here are my weigh-ins:

25th July FIRST DAY : 154.2 lbs
    1st August: (Out of town)
    8th August: 157.6
    15th August: 155.2

Hope I can at least get back to my starting weight by next week. :( Oh, vacation! I'm going to try mixing up my workouts this week, so I'll be doing some combination of jogging, walking, elliptical, weight-training, hiking and yoga. I need to sit down and make myself a workout schedule. :)
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My starting weight for 7/25 is......211.5 lbs.

Week 1 8/1 is 212.5 wth!

Week 2 8/8 211 flat. I lost 1.5 lb for the week whoo hoo!

Week 3 (8/12)* 209 I lost 2.0 lbs for the week.
    *FULL DISCLOSURE I am using my pre-vacation numbers from Friday's weigh-in
    I'm doing much better getting 60 minutes of cardio & aerobics in everyday.
  • niebla
    niebla Posts: 71
    Options
    Hey! we are doing great!
    Vacations, b-days, etc can get in the way, that's just how life it, the important thing is to get back on track straight away and have no regrets
  • aLatz13
    aLatz13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Haven't been able to weigh in (i'm at home and my mom threw away her scale years ago) but I'm doing very well with my eating despite all of the temptations with being at home and going out to eat with friends. Last week i got in a total of 10 miles of exercising and i was able to squeeze in a 3 mile run, a canoe trip, and a 2 mile walk with my boyfriend so today is a rest day (since i'm really sore)

I've gotten so many compliments on my progress since i've been home, it's really nice when people who havent seen me in a few months go "WOW! Your legs are so skinny!"
  • vjhanson5
    vjhanson5 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed yesterday's weight in...out of town for a long weekend with a couple of my grandkids.

Week 1: 162
    Week 2: 161
    Week 3: 160
    Week 4: 160 Darn, still not over that hump yet....weekends away are really throwing off my eating and workouts.
  • onehecticmom
    Options
    Appears we have all been busy this week...

I have done 60 minutes each day thus far, at least 8 glasses of water a day. I have another 60 minutes tomorrow & then yoga on sat.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'll be jogging today C25K, but I've been slacking and I really don't have an excuse. No weight change for me, and I know why. My eating hasn't been that great. I'll be back on track today though:

July 25th: 205.0
    Aug 1st: 200.5
    Aug 8th: 200.5
  • niebla
    Options
    CoComaa: At least you haven't gained, so no big deal, just remember why you are doing this and get on with it, Also remember: Often motivation comes AFTER action, no the other way round.

My exercise rutine is still the same: Turbofire, walking and swimming. I am losing weight slowly but surely, just as planned, so I am pleased. Looking forward to Monday! I weigh myself everyday but Monday is the official day, what counts. And it is the final day of this challenge!

Hope you are doing well

x
  • niebla
    Options
    Hello people!

Today is the last weigh in day,
    lets see how everyone did.

I am quite pleased with the results. Here they are:

25th July FIRST DAY : 151.4 lb (68.7kg)
    1st August : 150 lb(68.1kg)
    8th August : 149.9 lb (68kg)
    15th August : 148.5 lb (67.4kg)
    22nd August FINAL DAY: 146.1 lb (66.3)

Total challenge loss: 5.3 lb (2.4 kg)

What I learnt: Exercise makes ALL the difference

X
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    July 25: 156.6 lbs
    Aug 1: 157.8 lbs
    Aug. 8: 155.8
    Aug. 14: 157.2
    Aug. 22 156.2

Well... I didn't end up losing much through this challenge. The past two weeks have been a really bad time so I was way off my exercise routine as I took care of my family and got ready to come back to school. But I did learn that I love the gym through this challenge so hopefully now that I'm back to school and will be on a more regular routine I can do better!

Nicole
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I think I did pretty good. Not sure if I can hit my month-end goal of 210, but I'm closer!!!

July 25th: 220.5 lbs
    August 1st: 217.3 lbs
    August 8th: 217.0
    August 15th: 215.7
    FINAL DAY: 214.8

Total loss: 5.7 lb

• vjhanson5
    vjhanson5 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Had a good week so I made up the week before...enjoyed the challenge and the encouragement from everyone!

Week 1: 162
    Week 2: 161
    Week 3: 160
    Week 4: 160
    Week 5: 158
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My starting weight for 7/25 was......211.5 lbs.

Week 1 8/1 is 212.5 wth!

Week 2 8/8 211 flat. I lost 1.5 lb for the week whoo hoo!

Week 3 (8/12)* 209 I lost 2.0 lbs for the week.
    *FULL DISCLOSURE I am using my pre-vacation numbers from Friday's weigh-in

Week 4 8/22 is ......drumroll....210.1 lbs!
    While I did not reach my 4 lb. goal, I am very proud of the fact that I am now able to run for three min. without jumping off the treadmill :blushing: LOL doing C25K week 3 and I have increased my workouts from 30 to 60 min a day! Thanks to Niebla and everyone else for all the motivation. :flowerforyou:
  • onehecticmom
    Options
    I am late, I know.

25th July FIRST DAY : 169 lbs
    1st August : 167.8 lbs
    8th August : 167.4 lbs
    15th August : 164.4 lbs
    22nd August 163.2 lbs - using todays numbers, can't remember mondays and really don't want to scan through old posts to find it (lazy, I know) So, 5.8 pounds total. not bad. I didn't get the workout in every day though. I am burned out on workouts. I have cut back to M-TH, with a yoga on Sat. I have been shopping... I mean walking on the weekends. Hey, I have to walk from store a to store b & so on. I stay on my feel moving, so it should count, right? Esp when I am shopping for several hours.