Following for a few weeks and no results to speak of?? Thoughts??

Options
I am new to following the plan, but have been working out cardio and weights for about 10 months and not really seeing the weight drop as I would like. I do have to say my body is looking better but extra weight is still there. I would like to lose 25 pounds and bulk up. Does it take a while for this plan to work? Other diets or programs usually show results in a few weeks I have been doing this for a few weeks and not really seeing any weight drop yet! What is your experience been like following this program? Appreciate the feed back. Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Check to make sure you are in a caloric deficit.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Jimmyc_ wrote: »
    I am new to following the plan, but have been working out cardio and weights for about 10 months and not really seeing the weight drop as I would like. I do have to say my body is looking better but extra weight is still there. I would like to lose 25 pounds and bulk up. Does it take a while for this plan to work? Other diets or programs usually show results in a few weeks I have been doing this for a few weeks and not really seeing any weight drop yet! What is your experience been like following this program? Appreciate the feed back. Thanks in advance!!

When you say 'this program' do you mean eating in a calorie deficit?

Do you weigh your food?
  • lonelystaarr
    lonelystaarr Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster- are you using a food scale and weighing portions out correctly? You can lose weight after 1 week of using this app as long as you are in a deficit and weighing food/portions out correctly.
  • BumbyDog
    BumbyDog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'd sooner check how my clothes are fitting than go to the expense of a dexa scan. Fat takes up more space than muscle for the same weight, so if you're the same weight but have more muscle then you should see and feel that in how your clothes fit.
  • Jimmyc_
    Jimmyc_ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing all my meals and recording everything. Program says 2250 calories per day, that is hard to hit and a lot of food to eat. I usually log in about 400 to 800 calories lite. I have been watching the macros and staying darn close to the chart. I work out 5 to 6 days a week 15 to 30 minutes cardio and 45minutes to 1 hour of weights. Usually eat white jasmine rice, eggs no more than 2 yokes a day, oatmeal, egg whites, sweet potatoes, black beans, salad very little dressing, mixed vegetables some frozen most fresh, avocados, chicken, fish, pork chops and turkey and drink close to half gallon or more of water a day. I think I am eating pretty good. Weight just doesn’t seem to drop. Any suggestions on what to change. Thanks!!
  • Jimmyc_
    Options
    Am I not eating enough?? Hard to stuff more food in.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Peanut butter and ice cream. Easy peasy.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Eating too little does not stop weight loss
  • Jimmyc_
    Options
    Thanks for the replies and advice.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Opening your diary would be helpful. Sometimes it's easy to spot problems there.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Can you make your food diary public? Maybe we can spot some logging errors that might help you.
  • Jimmyc_
    Options
    Ok!! How do you open it. Lol
  • kami3006
    Options
    Go to settings > diary settings > make public
  • quiksylver296
    edited January 2019
    Options
    From your MFP home page, Settings, Diary Settings, then this:

d19d1frzcus5.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    @kami3006 - We're cracking me up! JINX!
  • kami3006
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @kami3006 - We're cracking me up! JINX!

:laugh: I almost typed jinx too.
  • Jimmyc_
    Options
    Ok opened it up. Try not to judge the chuck E Cheese yesterday I am watching granddaughter for the last three days (have to spoil them) and ordered her a small personal size pizza and had two small pieces. Lol the salad bar is a little bit to be desired at Chuck E. Lol
  • Jimmyc_
    Options
    I am out of town watching her