TeamJ - Sept Challenge

Options

Replies

• AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Sarah, and I'm 26 and living in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Like many of you, I have struggled with weight most of my life. I ate every emotion I had! In doing so, I feel like I allowed my body to become my prison. I no longer was participating in life, only observing it. I want to break out of this self-made prison and begin to live and let my body know it is alive!

I'm very excited to be apart of this team!

My MFP SW: 355 (7.16.11)
    CW: 335
    GW: 150
    And for Sept. I would like to drop another 20.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Sarah, and I'm 26 and living in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Like many of you, I have struggled with weight most of my life. I ate every emotion I had! In doing so, I feel like I allowed my body to become my prison. I no longer was participating in life, only observing it. I want to break out of this self-made prison and begin to live and let my body know it is alive!

I'm very excited to be apart of this team!

My MFP SW: 355 (7.16.11)
    CW: 335
    GW: 150
    And for Sept. I would like to drop another 20.
    Hello & welcome Sarah, nice to have you aboard!! Please friend everyone on the team if you haven't already done so.
    20lbs is a BIG task for a month !!
    Please can you let me have a full length photo before we start t?? (juliewatkins39@hotmail.com)

Hugs
    Jules
  • djenna8girl
    djenna8girl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Jenna, and I'm hoping TeamJ is still open to new members - since I've got a J name, I figure this is a good place for me ;).

I am a 36 year old from Australia, brand new to the weight loss game, and kind of just winging it so far.
    I managed to reach my calorie target most days as well as doing some exercise each day, but I really want to be more active, and I think this may be just the motivation I need!

SW: 165 lbs (joined MFP last Tuesday)
    CW: 163 lbs
    GW: 143 lbs

Goal Weight for September: 155 lbs
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Jenna, and I'm hoping TeamJ is still open to new members - since I've got a J name, I figure this is a good place for me ;).

I am a 36 year old from Australia, brand new to the weight loss game, and kind of just winging it so far.
    I managed to reach my calorie target most days as well as doing some exercise each day, but I really want to be more active, and I think this may be just the motivation I need!

SW: 165 lbs (joined MFP last Tuesday)
    CW: 163 lbs
    GW: 143 lbs

Goal Weight for September: 155 lbs
    Thanks for your interest Jenna, but Team J is full for September - I've sent personal message to you!
    Jules
  • littlemount
    Options
    Hi Team J,

This looks like a great group all motivated.
    My name is Renu , I am from Maryland,married for 25 years this November have 2 daughters.
    Lived in India,UK and USA .Consider myself global.
    I do medical research with universities and NIH.

I am menopausal and my weight wont budge.I am definitely prepared to push myself.
    One thing more I am not computer savvy,and I am not good with journalling/recording my diet or exercise.

Starting weight- 188
    CW-192
    GW-170
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Hi Team J,

This looks like a great group all motivated.
    My name is Renu , I am from Maryland,married for 25 years this November have 2 daughters.
    Lived in India,UK and USA .Consider myself global.
    I do medical research with universities and NIH.

I am menopausal and my weight wont budge.I am definitely prepared to push myself.
    One thing more I am not computer savvy,and I am not good with journalling/recording my diet or exercise.

Starting weight- 188
    CW-192
    GW-170
    Hello & welcome Renu, nice to have you aboard!! Please friend everyone on the team if you haven't already done so.
    Do you have a goal for what you would like to lose during the challenge?
    Please can you let me have a full length photo before we start t?? (juliewatkins39@hotmail.com)

Hugs
    Jules
  • littlemount
    Options
    Sorry the goal weight for the month of September is only 5 pounds .I currently do not have a recent picture of mine I will send it as soon as I find one .
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Sorry the goal weight for the month of September is only 5 pounds .I currently do not have a recent picture of mine I will send it as soon as I find one .
    Thanks Renu
    :wink:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    So ladies, we are thinking TEAM NAME!!!

Suggestions so far -

1) Diamonds in the Rough!
    2) Diamonds in the Making!
    3) Team J

Any thoughts on those? Any other suggestions??

SPEAK UP LADIES - WE WANT YOUR OPINIONS!!

:happy:
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Li'l Diamonds???
  • trimom63
    Options
    Noooo...we don't want to be "chips"...we want to be the ROCKS!!! Nice and strong, yet sparkly (we all sound like fun!)....
  • trimom63
    Options
    C'Mon ladies!!! I know SOME of you HAVE to be creative here...Jules and I are struggling with the new name of our team....do you REALLY want to be known as Team J??? Bleck....:huh:

Ok, so we're still wrestling with "diamonds' being in the name, but to add something that makes it sound "jungly" since it's called a Tribal challenge!!

First one with some great ideas...or any ideas at ALL!.....get's a kiss from Jules!!! :devil:
  • trimom63
    Options
    Diamond Idols (like Survivor idol-type reference?) or would people not connect the Tribal with the idol? ;)
  • trimom63
    Options
    There seems to be an ECHO....O....O.....in here!! Or is that crickets I'm hearing?? C'mon ladies!! In the famous words of Ferris Buehler's teacher....... "Anyone? Anyone?"
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Is anybody there??????
  • trimom63
    Options
    I think we're alone.....we must've chased them away...... COME BACK!! COME BACK!! This really WILL be fun!!
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    I just cant think of anything really... I love how diamond means unbreakable! but also interesting is that diamonds are brittle if not cut right.... fyi hahaha
  • trimom63
    Options
    I just cant think of anything really... I love how diamond means unbreakable! but also interesting is that diamonds are brittle if not cut right.... fyi hahaha

True THAT!!
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    How about diamond dames? or diamons in the rough? or chocolate diamonds, nah, that one is too much hahhahaa ROFL

or what about hard rock ladies... idk maybe this will spark someone with and acutal idea
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    How about diamond dames? or diamons in the rough? or chocolate diamonds, nah, that one is too much hahhahaa ROFL

or what about hard rock ladies... idk maybe this will spark someone with and acutal idea
    I LOVE diamond dames & Diamonds in the rough!