I’m 44 and I can’t take it no more!

Options

Replies

• asiya33
    asiya33 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well I’m down 13+ pounds since Jan 7th!!!! So everyone who says we can’t do let our results speak for themselves... ha!

What diet r you on?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    asiya33 wrote: »
    Well I’m down 13+ pounds since Jan 7th!!!! So everyone who says we can’t do let our results speak for themselves... ha!

What diet r you on?

shes on a calorie deficit which is whats needed no matter what way of eating(diet) you choose to lose weight on. sounds like aside from water its a big deficit(which is not always a good thing)
  • Jbley75
    Jbley75 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and I started my "journey" last November! I joined even a gym! Right now it's just great! I working out up to 6 times a week! I actually feel pretty good! I also use my new fitbit! It's helping me a lot! Keep me on track! Feel free to add!
  • NSthingoldline
    NSthingoldline Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'll be 45 in March and 2019, I WILL be in the best shape of my life!
  • ArmyMedic23PFA
    ArmyMedic23PFA Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and hoping to get back to my fitness when l was in my youth, and hoping l get a swipe right on tinder lol
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    48 and going to prove my doctor wrong. I can and will lose 40 pounds by June.

Us Middle Agers can get fit.
  • Jbley75
    Jbley75 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    43... I just lost over 3 lbs in a week! Finally it's paying off 😁💪
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    for those who dont have a lot of weight to lose please dont try and lose it too quickly. too big of a deficit is not healthy and neither is faster weight loss (unless under the close care of a doctor) the less you have to lose the slower its going to be and should be. a loss of 1% of your body weight per week is safe. once you get closer to goal or have less than 25 lbs to lose it should be around half a lb a week.
  • pecabonitas
    pecabonitas Posts: 153 Member
    Options

What diet r you on?

I’m doing intermittent fasting and keto! It’s so awesome! I’m not hungry and I can eat things that are usually a no no on diets... lol my actual weigh in is today I will post any more weight loss.... let’s do this!!!! At least 50lbs will be gone by my birthday (3/11)!!!!

• pecabonitas
    Options

What diet r you on?

shes on a calorie deficit which is whats needed no matter what way of eating(diet) you choose to lose weight on. sounds like aside from water its a big deficit(which is not always a good thing)

I’m actually not on a calorie deficit. I’m using the default caloric intake based on my weight (1700) but I do find it challenging to get all those calories in due to the intermittent fasting.... but I don’t feel hungry or weak.... I feel fantastic!!! And yes I do take in a lot of water and my hair skin and nails are thanking me for it 😁

• pecabonitas
    Options
    Jbley75 wrote: »
    I am 43 and I started my "journey" last November! I joined even a gym! Right now it's just great! I working out up to 6 times a week! I actually feel pretty good! I also use my new fitbit! It's helping me a lot! Keep me on track! Feel free to add!

That’s awesome!! What are your weight loss goals if any?

• pecabonitas
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'll be 45 in March and 2019, I WILL be in the best shape of my life!

I will be 45 in March too!!! It’s impossible for me to hit my total weight loss goal of 120 lbs by then (I just started my journey 1/7/19) but I’m shooting for at least 50lbs gone by my birthday (3/11)! Let’s do this!!!!

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

What diet r you on?

I’m actually not on a calorie deficit. I’m using the default caloric intake based on my weight (1700) but I do find it challenging to get all those calories in due to the intermittent fasting.... but I don’t feel hungry or weak.... I feel fantastic!!! And yes I do take in a lot of water and my hair skin and nails are thanking me for it 😁

to lose weight you HAVE to be in a calorie deficit ,its how weight loss works for EVERY way of eating including keto. and if you use MFP to calculate what you need to eat to loses weight the deficit is included.so yes you are in a deficit.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

What diet r you on?

I’m doing intermittent fasting and keto! It’s so awesome! I’m not hungry and I can eat things that are usually a no no on diets... lol my actual weigh in is today I will post any more weight loss.... let’s do this!!!! At least 50lbs will be gone by my birthday (3/11)!!!!

what foods are you eating thats a nono on diets? there are no foods that are a no no unless you get gimmicky diets. and 50 lbs by the end of march is way too fast of weight loss which is unhealthy. Thats about 52 days from now you cannot lose almost a lb per day safely which is what would be needed to lose 50 by march 11th. fat doesnt come off that fast either,with fast weight loss comes the loss of lean mass,muscle,hair loss, your nails could suffer,hormone issues,gall/kidney stones, and so on.

unless you are basically starving yourself which you would have to to lose a lb per day and it still might be impossible(for 50 lbs its supposed to be no more than 1-1.5 lbs per week. 2 lbs a week may be streching it until you lose about 25lbs. then it would be around half a lb a week). weight fluctuates. while doing keto and IF you are still supposed to eat the calories MFP gives you to lose at a healthy rate and to get the proper nutrtion you need. you may not feel weak now but down the line you may start feeling that way especially if you are on a dangerous route trying to lose so much so fast. and you may even get to where your body wants more food ,if it doesnt get it it will burn fat,lean mass and muscle like I stated above and your heart is a muscle.
  • Lastchancetochange
    Lastchancetochange Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    ... being unhealthy and overweight that is. That’s why I’m here. I’ve heard so many times that people our age can’t lose weight and have fit bodies. I love how we are going to prove them wrong a million times over!!!

Hi Pecas, I'm on the same boat, 2 weeks in, I'm 40 years old. My first time in MFP, have failed many times before but don't want to fail now.

16 pounds down, 55 to go.

Lets go for it!!
  • pecabonitas
    Options

[/quote]

to lose weight you HAVE to be in a calorie deficit ,its how weight loss works for EVERY way of eating including keto. and if you use MFP to calculate what you need to eat to loses weight the deficit is included.so yes you are in a deficit.[/quote]

Ok thanks for all this useful information!
  • pecabonitas
    Options

what foods are you eating thats a nono on diets? there are no foods that are a no no unless you get gimmicky diets. and 50 lbs by the end of march is way too fast of weight loss which is unhealthy. Thats about 52 days from now you cannot lose almost a lb per day safely which is what would be needed to lose 50 by march 11th. fat doesnt come off that fast either,with fast weight loss comes the loss of lean mass,muscle,hair loss, your nails could suffer,hormone issues,gall/kidney stones, and so on.

unless you are basically starving yourself which you would have to to lose a lb per day and it still might be impossible(for 50 lbs its supposed to be no more than 1-1.5 lbs per week. 2 lbs a week may be streching it until you lose about 25lbs. then it would be around half a lb a week). weight fluctuates. while doing keto and IF you are still supposed to eat the calories MFP gives you to lose at a healthy rate and to get the proper nutrtion you need. you may not feel weak now but down the line you may start feeling that way especially if you are on a dangerous route trying to lose so much so fast. and you may even get to where your body wants more food ,if it doesnt get it it will burn fat,lean mass and muscle like I stated above and your heart is a muscle.[/quote]

Ok thanks for all this useful information!
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    ... being unhealthy and overweight that is. That’s why I’m here. I’ve heard so many times that people our age can’t lose weight and have fit bodies. I love how we are going to prove them wrong a million times over!!!

Hi Pecas, I'm on the same boat, 2 weeks in, I'm 40 years old. My first time in MFP, have failed many times before but don't want to fail now.

16 pounds down, 55 to go.

Lets go for it!!

Yes!!!!! Go for it!!!
  • seat151
    seat151 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I was 46 when I started the journey, I am now 48 and have lost 20 kilograms (44 pounds) and still going but feel good. Please feel free to add me as a friend and lets work on it together!
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    seat151 wrote: »
    I was 46 when I started the journey, I am now 48 and have lost 20 kilograms (44 pounds) and still going but feel good. Please feel free to add me as a friend and lets work on it together!

Wow awesome!!!!