Teenager trying to lose weight

Options
Hi guys! I am quite new here and I would love to have some people to talk to and motivate eachother and just go through all of this together. If that's what you are looking for as well then add me and let's get started <3

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    If you're under 18 you shouldn't be on this site. Or worrying about your weight, ideally. If you have concerns you should be talking to your dr/pediatrician. Not using a weight loss site.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I'm not interested in narc-ing you off the site, op, but I agree with the poster above me. I hope you can get your parents to take you to a doctor for an assessment and help if you are having health concerns due to your weight.

Body image issues are hard, even harder for a teen. Its important to first learn how to take care of your body's health, as well as your mental health.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    If you're under 18 you shouldn't be on this site. Or worrying about your weight, ideally. If you have concerns you should be talking to your dr/pediatrician. Not using a weight loss site.

If you are overweight, then yah you should be worrying about your weight. No matter what your age is...

But nutritional requirements are going to be different for a growing teen, than they are for adults. MFP isn't going to give her correct information because they are assuming she is older.

Also, we don't know how much weight she is looking to lose. Talking to a doctor at this point is good advice.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options

If you are overweight, then yah you should be worrying about your weight. No matter what your age is...

Hence why I told her to talk to her doctor and not be on a weight loss site.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Perhaps we have another teenager on site. There is a teen site. It's called Sparkteens.