Fat Burnets / accelerators

Options
Do fat burners Actually work in conjunction with diet. ie: Garcinia Combosia, caffeine pills, hydroxycut etc?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Nope. They might give you a hit of energy, but fat burning comes from being in a calorie deficit. I believe there is theoretically a small, temporary bump in metabolism, but even so, it's not enough to make a noticeable difference unfortunately, and certainly not worth the price.

The best way to increase your metabolism is exercise and muscle building. And even that is about slowly building the effects over time. Some people do find caffeine has a slight appetite suppressing affect along with the energy, so a couple of cups of coffee or caffeine pills do have some value. You just need to watch your caffeine threshold and not end up jittery and paranoid :smiley:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Nope...

HiddenDeafeningBarasinga-size_restricted.gif

But there's always been a market for snake oil...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Do fat burners Actually work in conjunction with diet. ie: Garcinia Combosia, caffeine pills, hydroxycut etc?

Nope.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Did @AnvilHead pass away? I've read a lot of his VERY helpful comments in old threads.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    whathapnd wrote: »
    Did @AnvilHead pass away? I've read a lot of his VERY helpful comments in old threads.

He's involuntarily no longer with us. He's still around but not on the forums. :'(
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    whathapnd wrote: »

He's involuntarily no longer with us. He's still around but not on the forums. :'(

Thanks!
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

In the same sense as touching your nose works in conjunction with diet, i.e., the diet does the work.
    Really old versions of hydroxycut would have had a slight effect of appetite suppression and increase restlessness.
    Anything that's not a controlled substance is going to make one a bit more active at best. Anything controlled is probably not going to be worth the side effects, which can go up to blindness and death.
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    General rule is, if it works it's not legal and if it's legal it doesn't work.

Pretty much this...^^

I'm not advocating anything here, just going to give you my own personal experience. You can go a head and Google why these may/may not be effective.

I personally have tried ECA Stacking. Totally Legal. (Ephedrine, Caffeine, and Aspirin).. and had good results. You can Google it so read more about it.

I have also tried Clen. (Clenbuterol) Definitely not legal. It works. but leaves you feeling pretty *kitten*. Very common in the competition scene.

All that being said, Cardio, cardio cardio...... Cals in, cals out
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    No those don’t work. But Carol Burnett is quite funny, you might increase your calorie burn by laughing at her sketches ;)
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    11Templars wrote: »

I personally have tried ECA Stacking. Totally Legal. (Ephedrine, Caffeine, and Aspirin).. and had good results. You can Google it so read more about it.

Not sure your location, but in the USA, using Ephedrine for weight loss would be illegal. Yes, one can obtain Ephedrine legally, in restricted quantities, but only for specific uses designated on the label. Using it in an off label form without a physician's okay could still be illegal.
  • kami3006
    edited January 2019
    Options
    No those don’t work. But Carol Burnett is quite funny, you might increase your calorie burn by laughing at her sketches ;)

I watched the "siamese elephant" sketch from her show just recently. That is still one of the funniest things I've ever seen. :laugh:
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

I watched the "siamese elephant" sketch from her show just recently. That is still one of the funniest things I've ever seen. :laugh:

Its like getting in a good ab workout :D
  • kami3006
    Options

Its like getting in a good ab workout :D

They got one too. They were rolling while listening to Tim Conway.
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    11Templars wrote: »

Not sure your location, but in the USA, using Ephedrine for weight loss would be illegal. Yes, one can obtain Ephedrine legally, in restricted quantities, but only for specific uses designated on the label. Using it in an off label form without a physician's okay could still be illegal.

I appreciate your strict adherence you US law. You are indeed correct, my apologies. Looks like Ephedrine in context of diet style pills is banned. While the product seems to be readily available, it illegal to sell as a diet pill.

Cardio, Cardio, cardio....

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Have you seen the interview where Vicky Lawrence talks about that particular blooper? I don't know how Tim Conway got away with as much as he did, but he was so funny. He could barely make it through that elephant story. One of the funniest thing ever. It's on my list of things to watch when I need a laugh.
  • kami3006
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Have you seen the interview where Vicky Lawrence talks about that particular blooper? I don't know how Tim Conway got away with as much as he did, but he was so funny. He could barely make it through that elephant story. One of the funniest thing ever. It's on my list of things to watch when I need a laugh.

Yes, I did!

He got away with it because it was so funny. It's was great to watch them react in real time with the audience not knowing what he was going to say next. That sketch, when the elephants sneeze, brings me to tears.