Goodbye high blood pressure

Tklion
Tklion Posts: 15 Member
So far I’m down 65 lbs since this January. Not only have I been able to create a healthier lifestyle (still working on really understanding nutrition), I’ve self cured my high blood pressure, quit smoking and just feel great overall. It’s been a hell of a ride and it’s far from over, just wanted to share. makoab7fkeas.jpeg

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Congratulations on your accomplishments. You must be very proud of yourself.
  • maronesax1972
    maronesax1972 Posts: 272 Member
    Getting it done! Awesome! Keep it up!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Wow, impressive.. Well done
  • kickingitup
    kickingitup Posts: 38 Member
    Way to go!!!
  • beatthereaper2016
    beatthereaper2016 Posts: 55 Member
    Its guys like you that keep guys like me from quitting. Keep up the amazing work, thanks for sharing
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Great work...well done!
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Spartan!
  • RedStickdad
    RedStickdad Posts: 156 Member
    Congratulations!
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Congrats!
  • adchak
    adchak Posts: 62 Member
    Can I ask you how you got rid of BP medication? I have beenon medication since 2015- small dose 25 mg benicar and would love to get rid of it!
    Im down only 21 lbs how much did you lose before the doc took you offmedication? Also what were some symptoms you experienced that indicated that you dont need medication- was your BP coming in low? My dad has high BP so the doc toldme I might need to be on it even if I lose weight. My BP comes in ard 120-128/84 even after the weight loss. Any tips you can share wouldbe helpful.
  • an0393na
    an0393na Posts: 840 Member
    What did your BP readings get down to before Dr took you off meds?
  • JonKaio
    JonKaio Posts: 1 Member
    @maronesax1972 I'm in a similiar state to where you started, thank you for the inspiration and slither of hope.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    The tattoo even is in better shape. Awesome work!
  • maronesax1972
    maronesax1972 Posts: 272 Member
    JonKaio wrote: »
    @maronesax1972 I'm in a similiar state to where you started, thank you for the inspiration and slither of hope.

Hey Jon. Just saw you’re friend request. Hope I can help.
  • elaine4jesus2017
    elaine4jesus2017 Posts: 11 Member
    Great job in your high blood pressure gone ;) praise God ! My hub has lost so much weight , ate healthy past two months going on , his blood pressure was stable , then all sudden went hay wire up , I can see if he was eating junk and gaining the weight etc but him eating only healthy cause his health issues , anyways now my hub bp is normal , but still on meds , maybe when he goes down another 100 lbs he needs to , it will change his heallth conditions , my hub not only has high blood pressure , but cong hear failure , polythcemia , sleep apnia and recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes , yup from poor choice in eating ;( but the great thing is he changed his whole outlook and mind to do something about it , like you did , I’m hoping praying once this weight keeps going down , his health will improve so much he won’t have to take meds anymore and he will be healthy , I have lost weight too and still loseing weight , when life or death hits a love one or yourself , it should change their thinking and changing to get better , I know it did for you ;) Congrads ;)
    and it’s def changed me anc my hub thinking , btw my hub was at one time 338 now he’s 295 and I was 208 but now 187 and going down ;) I have 30 more pounds hub has another 100 but each day another day to getting to our goals , but the change in us is permanent , it’s between life or death , we choose life !!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!