Protein bars

Options

Replies

• Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Quest chocolate chip cookie dough and oatmeal chocolate chip but only heated up, so I usually have them at home. Sometimes I'll even take the extra 10 minutes to bake them into cookies. Yeah, I'm extra. On the go I like GoMacro and One. I order them off of Amazon.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Does anyone make their own? Sort of a protein version of a Rice Krispie treat?
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    The Costco protein bars are pretty good with decent macros.
    I love these!! the chocolate brownie and cookie dough are my favorite!
  • mgookin
    mgookin Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Nature valley protein. I like the peanut butter and dark chocolate.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars, available at Costco, offer the most protein (20g) for the lowest price per bar ($1) with as good or better taste than any other protein any other brand of protein bar that I have bought and/or sampled.
  • donalowen
    donalowen Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you want to make your own protein bars, I can recommend this recipe.

https://darebee.com/recipes/homemade-no-bake-protein-bars.html

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,588 Member
    Options
    donalowen wrote: »
    If you want to make your own protein bars, I can recommend this recipe.

https://darebee.com/recipes/homemade-no-bake-protein-bars.html

250 calories and only 8.5 grams of protein? Not in *this* mouth. :)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    My current favorite is Quest double chocolate chunk.

Mine too.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I am looking for help with this also. Does anyone have comments on "Lara" bars?

They don't have much protein, but I think they're tasty. I personally prefer the Larabar truffles, because I can portion them out depending on available calories and they are intensely chocolaty.
  • Dansfightforlife
    Dansfightforlife Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I also like the Kirkland bars, they probably aren't the best testing bars on the market, but they are still pretty good and can be purchased for less than $1/bar which is far cheaper then anything else I have seen out there.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I like the Nature Valley Protein ones. I've tried some of the Quest bars recently and thought they were awful.
  • ncgirl8
    ncgirl8 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein - chocolate deluxe! Fiber One also makes Protein One bars, they're not bad (but I like Pure Protein better)
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    ncgirl8 wrote: »
    Pure Protein - chocolate deluxe! Fiber One also makes Protein One bars, they're not bad (but I like Pure Protein better)

Another vote for Pure Protein. My fav is the chocolate peanut butter bar.
  • Nanalove2018
    Nanalove2018 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I might be an outsider but I hate quest bars. Taste like protein brick to me. This is my opinion alone though, you can try it for yourself! Power crunch(vanilla bean and cookies and cream) and fit crunch I think is pretty decent.
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I also like the One bars and haven't found anything better than them in terms of nutrition or taste.
  • ncgirl8
    ncgirl8 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I might be an outsider but I hate quest bars. Taste like protein brick to me. This is my opinion alone though, you can try it for yourself! Power crunch(vanilla bean and cookies and cream) and fit crunch I think is pretty decent.

No - I've found them to be very hit-or-miss, even with the same flavor. I can microwave the chocolate brownie ones and enjoy them, but I enjoy Eat Me Guilt Free Brownies more :)
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Check out Robert Irvine's Fitcrunch bars (16 protein, 14 carb, 3 sugar, 190 calories). They taste GREAT and aren't loaded with sugar. My doctor recommended them.
  • anyWendy
    anyWendy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ncgirl8 wrote: »

Another vote for Pure Protein. My fav is the chocolate peanut butter bar.

My two favorite flavors of Pure Protein! Chocolate deluxe gives me best bang for my calories at 21g/180cal. Chocolate peanut butter tastes like a candy bar.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,588 Member
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein bars too but they seem to be smaller in length to me than other bars..

They just recently came out with a 30g protein shake for 140 calories a pop, if that's an option.

Powerbar Protein Plus bars are good too.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    Garden of Life Weight Loss bars have been my go-to.
    https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/fit-plant-based-high-protein-weight-loss-bar-chocolate-fudge-12-bars/gu-1343
    I sometimes have Pegan bars but they are expensive. No Cow (sometimes), Bhu Fit Vegan, Sun Warrior bars and Bullet Proof bars also are on my "approved treat" list.
    For years I ate Quest bars, way before anyone ever even heard of them. I stopped when they changed their formula to soluble corn fiber. I also stay away from whey/ dairy. I miss them though because they were my favorite, every once in a while I have one.