Eating 1350 calories a day and exercise but not losing weight!! Need some advise please :-)

Hey Everyone,

I've never posted a question on any message board but I love to read them. LOL. So, here's my question. I'm trying to lose weight; just about 7 lbs or so. I'm 5'4" and weigh 130 lbs. I would like to be around 123. I have been using fitness pal to track my calories and macros. I've been eating about 1350 calories with macros of 35% carb, 40% protein, 25% fat. I'm athletic built and have a lot of muscle naturally. I can build pretty quick too. My protein is a little higher because I am working out. I work out about 5 days a week; three days of 30 minute interval exercises (lunging, high knees, good cardio and strength training) and 2 days in the gym of about 2 hours of strength training and 30 minute cardio. So, I've noticed I'm losing inches in my waist and upper body and looking more lean but the scale won't go down. I'm was and can be okay with the scale number not going down but now it's a challenge to see if I can get the number to go down. What's the problem? According to my fitbit watch and fitness pal, I take in about 1300 calories and burn around 2,200 for the entire day (that includes my workouts and normal breathing and walking around). I've been doing this for three weeks. Should I increase my calories and/or cut back on the working out? I've struggled to know what my maintenance calories are because I take my metabolism into count and I'm not sure if it's working up to speed since I was sick for a while with mono.

Anyways, I appreciate anyone reading this and willing to give helpful feedback. Please be kind. I read some of these discussion boards and the comments can be so mean. I'm trying to learn. That's why I'm seeking out helpful information :-)

Thanks,
Heather

Replies

• longblondie2004
    longblondie2004 Posts: 23 Member
    Thank you all for responding. So, I want to lose about 5-7 lbs. I'm naturally muscle and I build quick, mostly my legs. I wouldn't mind to lose some of the muscle. I like the way I'm looking but now it has become a challenge to get the scale number to go down. I just don't know why the scale will not move. I have been doing this for 3 weeks and nothing. I log everything I eat on myfitness pal. I weight everything I eat...I don't do bites/licks/ or tastes...I drink about 60 to 80 ounces of water a day...and my fitness pal says I take in 1300 calories and burn around 2200 a day (that includes my normal walking/breathing). I've exercised off and on for over a year but I got sick with mono and didn't for about 2-3 months and started back at the end of December. That's why I wasn't sure if my metabolism was really burning good. So, the mirror shows changes but the scale will not. It will go up a pound one week and down a pound one week from 130 to 129. It's been 3 weeks...I'm just not sure to take up the calories or leave things alone. But, I want to see the some weight loss. Thanks again everyone. I'm really liking this discussion board :-)
  • longblondie2004
    LOL. Yes, it would sound like that. What I mean is I'm liking the way I look. I'm not there yet. I still have fat. I can tell I've lost in my stomach area with a tiny bit more definition and my shoulders and arms are a little smaller. However, I want to lose about 5 more pounds. I already have the muscle. I would like to see the scale go down...at this point 2 lbs would be great. It's tough to do all the calorie counting, food weighing, meal prepping, water intake, and exercising, but not see that you have lost a pound. I'm liking the way I look but I'm not there yet and I would like to drop a few pounds. Can't understand why the scale won't move
  • longblondie2004
    Thanks brittlbo07...how much exercise do you do a week and have you lost any weight? I'm trying to lose a few pounds and most people say its calories in versus calories out. So, Ive been going above and beyond with tracking macros and everything. It looks like I have a huge calorie deficit for 3 weeks and haven't lost a pound. Yes, I've toned up but my gosh if its as simple as calories in versus calories out then I should be losing something, either fat or muscle.
  • longblondie2004
    Yes, I want to try to move my calories as high as possible, do as little cardio, and still lose weight. So, I can up my cardio and start cutting calories little by little
  • longblondie2004
    But, it's a little confusing when I've done all this stuff and the scale won't even move. I either need to increase to lose weight or decrease. And, I'm not sure what to do. One would have thought I would have at least lost a pound after 3 weeks with a high deficit, even if it was muscle/fat/something