Costco must haves

2»

Replies

• GettingThere62
    GettingThere62 Posts: 83 Member
    Anna28518 wrote: »
    Dried mango covered in chocolate! In fact they have a great selection of dried fruits.

That stuff is awesome. I can't buy it any more as it's so hard to not eat the whole pack 😲
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Ground Turkey or Eye of round roast, or chicken breast
    Quinoa or yams or potatoes
    Tomatoes, broccoli, Spinach, grapefruit
    Apple cider vinegar
    Extra virgin olive oil
    Milk
  • cowleyl
    cowleyl Posts: 169 Member
    Wow. I'm going to print off all of these responses. I live in Australia and I love Costco, but I wasn't aware of some of the food that has been posted. Costco do the BEST (and cheapest) rotisserie chicken.
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Rotisserie chicken sounds so good! May I ask how many calories per serving?
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Skinless rotisserie chicken is 1.5 cal/gram. Reasonable serving is 112 grams. But, someone will say 8oz. That is about 340 cal.
  • irue1545
    irue1545 Posts: 2 Member
    I buy healthy noodles at Costco. They are 25 calories an ounce. I love that I don’t even have to cook them.
  • SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    Kirkland organic nonfat Greek yogurt is my favorite. I won't buy any other brand now that I've had it.
  • getrealgirl
    getrealgirl Posts: 201 Member
    One of my favorites from Costco is their frozen Stir-Fry Vegetables. A really great mix of veggies without all the prep work.
  • angieli1129
    angieli1129 Posts: 1 Member
    Madame Edamame 12 frozen bags
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    I saw the recommendations on this thread and bought a rotisserie chicken and made a pot pie with it, oh my gosh it was fantastic!
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    I saw the recommendations on this thread and bought a rotisserie chicken and made a pot pie with it, oh my gosh it was fantastic!

I use their rotisserie chicken as an easy shortcut for a lot of dishes....soups, stir frys, pastas, Indian dishes, etc. Also makes great chicken salad.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    I have 2 chicken meals, one hot, one cold, then make soup with the carcass. Add fresh fettuccine noodles.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited January 2019
    Mostly we buy veal, chicken thighs/legs and ground beef (both organic) and lamb. Sometimes we get the prime rib-eyes. We also get the frozen bags of cherries and/or blueberries and sometimes other fruit, riced cauliflower and more recently they had cubed squash and root medley. Saves a lot of time during the work week. For the most part the fresh produce is too much quantity for my two person household. I'll have to check the frozen fish the next time we go.

Other products include balsamico, organic pasta, tuna, avocado oil, tomato paste, feta cheese, broth, cave man or kind bars and sometimes nuts. Probably a few other things on occasion.

I didn't know that Costco tested the olive oil. Unfortunately, they started selling it in plastic rather than glass and I try to avoid that as much as possible.

We have a local butcher shop where I get grass fed beef, most pork products, lamb and/or goat and such which is why I don't generally get pork at Costco.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Dried mango covered in chocolate! In fact they have a great selection of dried fruits.

I love it too, but I haven't been able to find dried mango covered with dark chocolate at either of my local Costo stores for the past 6months of so. The problem with Costco is, that the minute I find something I love, I can never find it again.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Alpha12 wrote: »

I love it too, but I haven't been able to find dried mango covered with dark chocolate at either of my local Costo stores for the past 6months of so. The problem with Costco is, that the minute I find something I love, I can never find it again.

Or they swap it out with an “organic” version and charge you more money for less product.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    We get a lot of items from Costco:

*bread/buns
    *snacks (popcorn/chips/cereal)
    *pickles
    *almond milk
    *protein bars
    *canned veggies (mostly green beans)
    *coffee
    *cheese
    *sparkling water (I like Ice Mountain)
    *Frozen fruit sometimes
    *Apples sometimes (typically the only fresh fruit I buy from Costco, although I will sometimes get strawberries if I know I will eat them quickly)
    *potatoes (typically the only non frozen/canned veggie I buy from Costco. In the summer I do get cucumbers because I crave them that time of the year and eat them quickly)
    *frozen meat (chicken breast and fish)
    *frozen veggies (usually cauliflower or broccoli)
    *we tend to buy a box of something frozen that can quickly be heated in the microwave. Right now it is a box of individually wrapped burritos.
    *egg whites
    *yogurt
    *frozen treat of some kind (healthy choice fudge bars, halo top ice cream, yasso bars, sometimes the chocolate almond dipped bars if I am not being thrifty w/ calories)
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    They actually sell the rotisserie chicken (deboned for you! ) in a vacuumed sealed bag... so easy for salads, chicken salad etc.