i am on 1200 calories and i think i would be better on 1400 cal

Options
I have health issues so cant do a lot of exercise although i go up and down 32 stairs to or three times a day i cant walk as much as i did because i have arthritis they recommend 1200 calories on here but i have tried sticking to that before and have not managed it i feel i could stick to 1400 would i still lose weight .thank you

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Who recommended 1200 calories? If you feel you can't stick to that, it's probably because it's too low. If you stick to 1400, for real, you'll probably lose weight. What numbers did MFP give you at setup? Which weightloss rate did you pick? What's your height and weight?
  • kathydavis6
    kathydavis6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    sedentary age 68 height 5foot weight 13 stone
  • kathydavis6
    Options
    Thank you I will try 1400
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Start at 1400 for a while and see how it goes. I had to bump up a bit at first too. If it goes well, it won't be too long before you can lower it again anyhow. And if it doesn't work, you can try lowering in smaller increments until you start getting results.
  • kathydavis6
    Options
    Thank you
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thank you

Did you start eating 1400 cals in December last year after this post?

Or are you just randomly bumping your posts?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Who recommended 1200 calories? If you feel you can't stick to that, it's probably because it's too low. If you stick to 1400, for real, you'll probably lose weight. What numbers did MFP give you at setup? Which weightloss rate did you pick? What's your height and weight?

You know you can pick whatever number you want, right?

You could aim for 1387 calories if you want.
  • kathydavis6
    Options
    im 13 st light active they gave me 1200
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    im 13 st light active they gave me 1200

How many cals have you been eating since October?
  • kathydavis6
    edited January 2019
    Options
    about 1,800 only just starting the diet again i try on 1200 but cant do it
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    And why start another thread asking if anyone loses on 1400 cals?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    about 1,800 only just starting the diet again i try on 1200 but cant do it

So why bother trying 1200 if you know it's too little?
  • kathydavis6
    edited January 2019
    Options
    thats why i havent done the diet because i cant stick to it but mfp said that was the calories i should stick to, dont know what calories to aim for is 1400 hundred to high must start a diet as feeling unhealthy
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    thats why i havent done the diet because dont know what calories to aim for is 1400 hundred to high must start a diet as feeling unhealthy

Anything less than 1800 is fine, as its a deficit.
  • kathydavis6
    Options
    thank you
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    thats why i havent done the diet because i cant stick to it but mfp said that was the calories i should stick to, dont know what calories to aim for is 1400 hundred to high must start a diet as feeling unhealthy

MFP gives calories based on the weekly weight loss goal you select. Select a less aggressive goal, and you will get more calories :)

What is your current weight and goal weight?

(This site is in the US so it would be helpful if you gave those weights in pounds rather than stones.)
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

MFP gives calories based on the weekly weight loss goal you select. Select a less aggressive goal, and you will get more calories :)

What is your current weight and goal weight?

(This site is in the US so it would be helpful if you gave those weights in pounds rather than stones.)

182lbs
  • kathydavis6
    Options