Keto fat help!

Options
I have been on the Keto Diet for a week now. And I have been diligent with tracking my macros. I meet targets 6/7 days and honestly have felt very satisfied! Does any one have any suggestions for adding fat? I’m struggling! I can’t slather everything in butter! Any good food ideas?

Replies

• KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    There is Keto group on here with a ton of people who can help you. If you look at the blue bar above it was say "groups" click on that.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you are satisfied, than it wouldn't be beneficial to add more fat. What is important is limiting carbs, getting adequate protein and sodium. Aiming for an erroneous number of fat will just impede your progress.
  • leiflung
    leiflung Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose weight, you can use your body fat to meet your fat macros. Just don't eat fat and your body will use your own supply, automatically.

If you don't want to lose weight, look into fat bombs.
  • Larkspur94
    Larkspur94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Be strict on the carbs, aim for your protein goal and use the fat as a lever for satiety. If you are hungry a while before your next meal, you needed more fat in the last for instance. Learn as you go.
    Starting out it's best to aim for your fat goal to help in producing ketones as your body adapts to burning fat for fuel. But you can reduce to your own satiety after about a month. Browse the keto group for more insight.