Weigh-Ins

Options
I was just wondering how often everyone is weighing-in. As a woman, I have the great gift of body weight fluctuating a few pounds during certain times of the month so if I weigh-in every day, my report looks INSANE! I've thought about doing weekly but then whenever I'm in the bathroom it's like the scale is calling to me to come and stand on it and see where I'm at in my weight-loss journey...argh!

Replies

• SabineKarpova
    Options
    I weigh in weekly, or sometimes once every two weeks, especially if I've had a bit of a bad week... I also take measurements every two weeks as that is a brilliant way to check your progress!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Do a search on this topic, and you will find as many opinions as there are posts. There is no right or wrong answer. Do what you are comfortable with and what will keep you accountable. For me it is daily, for others, it is weekly or monthly.

No right or wrong answer here.
    Kaye
  • cmduncan
    cmduncan Posts: 69
    Options
    I usually weigh weekly, and measure bi-weekly. But, last week I didn't like what the scale said so I weight daily to make sure I was on the right track. I didn't enter those daily weights as a "Check-In" though. I only "Check In" once a week, even if I weigh more often.
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    After reading the posts, I think I will start weighing myself every two weeks as well. This week I feel that I have followed the program well and worked out 3-4 times but still saw NO progress on the scale. I too am tempted to step on the scale every time I go to the bathroom until I hid the scale. Now I don't see it and actually have to dig it out to weigh myself :) Happy Monday!
  • MandyCanDo
    MandyCanDo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My official weigh in is once a week, but I am still addicted to stepping on the scale alot more frequently than that. It can be discouraging with the "fluctuations" and I am trying hard to break the habit, but it is difficult.
  • woopteedoo
    Options
    i weight daily, but only record it once a week,,,,,,
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! I weigh in EVERY day even when I too see the fluctuation of numbers. I do it because I don't want it to get out of control. I don't want to keep losing the same 10 pounds over & over. I've been told weigh yourself first thing in the morning before shower, that should be the most consistant weight. After & throughout the day is water weight, different things you ate that made it go up. all sorts of reasons for the crazy numbers. Measurements help a great deal just don't rely on the scale too much. Just make sureyour not jumping way up there...Just KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!
  • woopteedoo
    Options
    about same day , same time, same naked,,haha]
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on Sunday mornings, first thing in the morning before any food and completely naked. :laugh: I picked Sundays because it helps keep my food intake in check over the weekend and then I give myself room to breath on Sunday because that is typically family day and we eat out after church or whatever. It is very hard to not want to weigh in all the time but once a week should be your goal. Good luck!
  • femmerouge
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but I track weekly. My weight fluctuates throughout the week, but a weekly check give you a more realistic cumulative view.
  • whateverr120
    Options
    I do it weekly, just because daily seems like it would be too much, it may not be accurate, and it would get me down if i gained a pound overnight.. just hide your scale from yourself! do it once a week after peeying, and before showering or eating =)
  • HisButterfly
    HisButterfly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day (sometimes multiple times a day...LOL), but the only weight I record is the one from first thing Sunday mornings before I eat or drink anything. It is discouraging sometimes to see the up's and down's but I can't help myself.
  • hnlapaille
    Options
    I like this idea :) Thanks!
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I had it in my head that I was only going to weigh in once a month.. but who am I kidding?! I will be on the scale everyday im sure! lol.. But I would log it on here weekly. I have a journal that I keep that I write in daily about my weight loss journey and everytime I weigh in I would record it in there..