Depression and food and pain

Options
Does anyone be in pain so bad that it is hard to walk. Because I do. It hurts to walk for a period long of time. So I get depressed and then I eat. Then I is hard to stop eating. I do I (we) get out of the slump?? HELP ME STAY FOCUS ON MY DIET

Replies

• jamiekidby
    jamiekidby Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't have pain when I walk, but I certainly understand getting into a slump and then eating, and then continuing to eat. I try to think about how bad eating makes me feel (overeating and eating junk food). There is an immediate pleasure when you're tasting the food, but it never feels good after the fact and I'm always disappointed with myself. If you are a person of faith, you could ask for some assistance in that way? I'm sorry you are hurting and struggling. But our minds are very powerful, and you can overcome this if you keep at it!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Tell us a little more, Jennifer. Do you know why walking hurts?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    yes, i'm in pain most days. i don't eat though. i do yoga. i walk, i read, watch tv, snuggle dogs,
    also one could journal
    or sometimes a warm cup of tea
  • jenniferj5989
    jenniferj5989 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do have serious problems with my muscles in my legs. I have Arnold Chiari Malformation type 1. It make make muscles ache.
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor for a list of exercised you can do that will not be painful for you. Maybe a little walking coupled with other exercises might be the key. Or not. If you eat in a calorie deficit you will lose weight without exercise. So... you goal should be learning to weigh your portions and log them faithfully. Take up hobbies that are incompatible with eating. I have taken up quilting and find the time flies before I even think of having a snack.