Best Basic Heart Rate Monitor for 2019?

Options
I am looking for some recommendations for a new heart rate monitor. I have a Polar FT60 - it was basically cheap but did what I needed with some extra steps to keep track. The data base you had to upload your data to was basic data entry pages you might of seen 10 years ago lol Well they are phasing out the website so I will not longer be able to upload any information from the watch. It never paired right with MFP either which annoyed me but I lived with it. The watch is old...but still works for now.
So I am seeking a new one and can think of no better place to ask -
I just want it for an estimate of calories burned during cardio - to pair with MFP would be great - not cost an arm..again I just want basic functions. Top of the line is not necessary. I do not need GPS or any funky things as I do not jog / run out side of my house. Must be chest strap - Blue tooth uploading would be amazing as well. Would like data to be a bit detailed if possible - time in each heart rate zone. A wrist watch for screen so if need be I can see HR in real time - ( not sure if they have them without but worth mentioning in case )

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    What sort of activity are you intending on using it for?
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Strictly cardio ( treadmill - Zumba. Shaun T, Turbo type etc) Treadmill I alternate speed walk & jogging usually with a 3 min warm up and cool down.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    If you can find a Garmin forerunner 10, that would be perfect. But they haven't made it for a few years. $100 with GPS and HR straps.

Now they have the FR25. Basic $100 watch. Does have GPS but connects to ant+ HR straps.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    chasetwins wrote: »
    Strictly cardio ( treadmill - Zumba. Shaun T, Turbo type etc) Treadmill I alternate speed walk & jogging usually with a 3 min warm up and cool down.

In that case, you're really after the cheapest possible option as the data accuracy and utility is pretty questionable. The Wahoo Tickr variants should work with your phone.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    chasetwins wrote: »

In that case, you're really after the cheapest possible option as the data accuracy and utility is pretty questionable. The Wahoo Tickr variants should work with your phone.

I have looked at the Wahoo ones before...will take a peek again. Thank you ;)