Could you suggest healthy fast food recipes?

Options
Hello! I currently keep to proper nutrition. Earlier I used to eat fast food quite often. So now I want you to provide me with healthy fast food recipes. Share your experience!

Replies

• Amerane
    Amerane Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you mean by "healthy", but my go-to lower-calorie fast food option is two Morningstar veggie corndogs with 1.5 servings of store-brand tater tots. Ends up being about 500 cals for a pretty generous portion.
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love chicken from takeaways so I buy a spatchcock chicken and cook it raised so it’s all crispy and I make my own naan breads which are lower in calories and freeze well
  • thriftyjenn
    thriftyjenn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Subway and Wendy’s Chilli - watch the sauces though.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    You can wrap just about anything you want in a flour tortilla. I'm vegetarian. My go-to is some form of veggie ground "meat" (Yves or Gardein) with tofutti sour supreme, salsa, and pickled jalapenos. Sometimes I'll throw in some onion/scallion and/or chopped tomato and/or leftover coleslaw (I make a light version, but even a couple tablespoons of full-fat coleslaw aren't going to add too many calories). Typically comes in around 350 cals or so.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    What country are you in @askyourfitnessquestion ?
  • askyourfitnessquestion
    Options
    Amerane wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by "healthy", but my go-to lower-calorie fast food option is two Morningstar veggie corndogs with 1.5 servings of store-brand tater tots. Ends up being about 500 cals for a pretty generous portion.

Thank you very much! Appreciate your help
  • askyourfitnessquestion
    Options
    twdlove89 wrote: »
    I love chicken from takeaways so I buy a spatchcock chicken and cook it raised so it’s all crispy and I make my own naan breads which are lower in calories and freeze well

Ohh, I also do so! Thanks a lot
  • askyourfitnessquestion
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Wow! Do you make a pizza on your own?
  • askyourfitnessquestion
    Options
    You can wrap just about anything you want in a flour tortilla. I'm vegetarian. My go-to is some form of veggie ground "meat" (Yves or Gardein) with tofutti sour supreme, salsa, and pickled jalapenos. Sometimes I'll throw in some onion/scallion and/or chopped tomato and/or leftover coleslaw (I make a light version, but even a couple tablespoons of full-fat coleslaw aren't going to add too many calories). Typically comes in around 350 cals or so.

Thank you! Flour tortilla seems a very exquisite dish
  • askyourfitnessquestion
    Options
    What country are you in @askyourfitnessquestion ?

I'm from the USA. And you?
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, I take my favorite things and substitute healthier options. Such as for burgers I use ground chuck or ground round. You can broil them to keep from frying. Bake your fries to eliminate extra fat from oil. I use reduced calorie cheeses. For things like hot dogs, I use turkey hot dogs. My family loves ground turkey for tacos. Just have fun with it. Oh and my family also likes shake n bake chicken nuggets. I cube up chicken breast, toss them in shake n bake then bake in the oven. Good luck!
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Would that be food which you can produce quickly or food that you can eat quickly or food that you can obtain quickly? None of them wood make any difference, as long as you stick to the calculations supplied by MFP.
  • hmorse415
    hmorse415 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fast food- fruit and nuts
    Comfort fast food- cauliflower pizza, store bought frozen
  • molamallik
    molamallik Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hey check my lunch today out, made in under one minute, and under 200 calories... half a can of kidney beans, a can of sweet corn, and a can of tuna, and fresh green chopped chilli.. enjoy! Photo on my blog
  • jademycala
    jademycala Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    pasta is always quick and easy one for me and throw in a load of favourable veggies i.e peppers sweetcorn onions and a tin of tuna from spring water or brine i add tomotoes for sweetness x
  • mynacha73
    mynacha73 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This was my go-to-fast-food-meal when I lost 75 lbs the first time. It's a bummer I'm now working on losing the 75 lbs (+another 10) for a second time, but it's helped me get 25 off so far.

I buy boneless/skinless chicken thighs at Costco and marinate them for 30-60 minutes in different spices and yogurt, wine, juice, and/or oil.
    Spray a pan with non-stick oil, then roast the chicken in a 350 F oven until done.
    Each chicken thigh is a serving, they freeze easily in separate portions, and can be reheated in the microwave at full power for about 2 minutes - just make sure to put about a teaspoon of the leftover cooking liquid in the bag or plastic you freeze the chicken in so when it reheats there is some moisture there.

I eat one of these with a bag of frozen veg when I'm in a rush. If I'm having a carb, I'll grab one of my pre-cooked frozen bags of 1/2 c quinoa or brown rice or other grain. Sure, it requires a few hours about once a month to do the prep work, but it's totally worth it to have the food waiting in the freezer after a long day. Or to defrost and toss in a tupperware as a giant "salad" to bring to work. It's all about going nuts with the spices.

Chicken marinade ideas:
    Baharat (middle eastern spice mix) and sliced lemons
    garam masala and yogurt
    dry rub: paprika, salt, pepper
    sage, truffle oil (not too much or you'll be WAY overwhelmed by truffle)
    Herbes de Provence and white wine
    can of tomatoes and Italian spice mix
    Chinese 5 spice then add about a 1/4-1/2 tsp of sesame oil after it's cooked

Good luck and I look forward to seeing more of everyone's recipes and ideas!
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I like to get the Old El Paso chicken enchilada dinner kits and cook them with squash/zucchini instead of the chicken. Follow all the other instructions except use the squash instead of chicken. I really like it with butternut squash and red onions. It makes for a quick and easy meal.
  • bbtheriot
    bbtheriot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We have been grilling several chicken breasts on Sunday to eat during the week. I cut them up on Saturday night and marinate in seasoning, garlic powder, rosemary and Italian dressing. Then I put together 5 salads that consist of green leaf lettuce, 2 ounces of Greek dressing from my favorite local Greek restaurant and 2 ounces of feta cheese. That is my lunch Monday-Friday. Low cal and allows me to have something higher in calories for dinner if needed.