Onederland!

sdewey415
sdewey415 Posts: 93 Member
For the first time in a while I am below 200lbs!
I have always been a yo-yo dieter with my lowest being 153. The weight gain for me began when I started nursing school, a whopping 30lbs. Thought it would come off after I started running the halls for my patients. I was wrong, very wrong. Nurses have pot lucks, for every occasion. So at the start of my career I was in the 180s for a good 1.5 years. Then I became pregnant with my second child and gave birth in the spring of 2017. Since then and until today I have been above 200. On January 2nd of 2019 I made the decision to focus on me and my health while influincing the health of those around me.
I hope that this year makes the difference for all of us striving to better ourselves!

SW: 205
CW: 199.5
GW: 150

Replies

• karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Congratulations🎉🎊 best feeling ever.
    I did exactly the same 1/2/18! Can't wait for onederland myself
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    way to go!!
  • sdewey415
    karyabc wrote: »
    Congratulations🎉🎊 best feeling ever.
    I did exactly the same 1/2/18! Can't wait for onederland myself

Thanks! I know you will get there one day, just don't give up on yourself!!!
  • sdewey415
    Fflpnari wrote: »
    way to go!!

Thank you!
  • Tigermom19
    Tigermom19 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm at a close starting weight and have the same goal weight. Mind if I ask your age? At near 50, it's sooo easy to put it on and keep it on, and equally difficult to take it off!
  • ettenaej
    ettenaej Posts: 75 Member
    Congratulations and I wish you the best on your journey!

I was reading your words and I felt like I wrote them. After two babies back to back I decided to get myself back onto a healthy lifestyle. I lost some weight, but then I was accepted into nursing school and over the two years I slowly gained about 25 lbs or so. I just graduated this past December. With the holidays and many birthdays, I stepped on the scale and realized I gained another 10 lbs. After that day, 1/6/19, I decided to make some changes.

I’m down 11 lbs and I feel great. I’m waiting to get the ok from the BRN to take my NCLEX. I’m hoping to to continue this lifestyle. Having been a life long yo-yo dieter myself, I’m trying to stay as committed as I can.

Thank you for the motivation. 😊
  • sdewey415
    Tigermom19 wrote: »
    I'm at a close starting weight and have the same goal weight. Mind if I ask your age? At near 50, it's sooo easy to put it on and keep it on, and equally difficult to take it off!

29 years old. 30 this year!😁
  • sdewey415
    ettenaej wrote: »
    Congratulations and I wish you the best on your journey!

I was reading your words and I felt like I wrote them. After two babies back to back I decided to get myself back onto a healthy lifestyle. I lost some weight, but then I was accepted into nursing school and over the two years I slowly gained about 25 lbs or so. I just graduated this past December. With the holidays and many birthdays, I stepped on the scale and realized I gained another 10 lbs. After that day, 1/6/19, I decided to make some changes.

I’m down 11 lbs and I feel great. I’m waiting to get the ok from the BRN to take my NCLEX. I’m hoping to to continue this lifestyle. Having been a life long yo-yo dieter myself, I’m trying to stay as committed as I can.

Thank you for the motivation. 😊

Fantastic! I am super happy that you survived nursing school. And the holidays can be rough for sure. I had gained only 5lbs from September to the end of December, though I was still staying conscious of what I was eating instead of letting it get the best of me. It was tough. I hope to, this year, get the bulk of the weight off before holidays and be able to maintain afterward.

Goodluck on your journey, both healthwise and your NCLEX!
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Congratulations!! I remember how amazing it felt to get into onederland!! Especially having spent more than 23 years seriously obese. Very proud of you!! Keep pushing and you'll reach your goal in no time!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!