New and nervous!

Options
Hello from England! Finally taken the plunge and decided to do something positive (what with the big Hawaii-5-0 approaching in December). I have 50lbs to lose (coindentally!). It would be lovely to make some friends with whom I can share the trials and tribulations. Thank you so much to everyone who has taken the trouble to post their Success Stories -- they are so inspirational and actually gave me the encouragement to sign up.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! this is a great site, filled with motivation and support! Just take it one day at a time and it will add up before you know it!! Feel free to friend me.
  • TriedEverything
    TriedEverything Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome aboard! :smile:

It sounds like we have a bit in common, as we have a similar amount of weight to lose, and I am not too far behind you in age!
    By the way, I live in Scotland, but I'm originally from England.

I joined the site a few weeks ago, and I'm finding it very helpful. Hope you'll enjoy using it too. I will send you a friend request if that's OK :flowerforyou:
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I am quite new too, you will find it a terrific site with lots of support and encouragement good luck
  • sbrogan86
    sbrogan86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined today too. I weighed myself for the first time in months and couldnt believe what I was seeing on the scale! Enough is enough! I cant take walking around like this anymore! I need to take charge and get my body back in good health! Only I can fix it, so I need to start immediately. I am getting married in October, and if I cant fit my dress I will be devistated!
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am starting now too...this is my second day. I turn the big 5 0 in Deb. too! I would love to have a support buddy.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Don't be nervous this site is great, you will meet all your goals if you stick with it.

I am from England also and down 53lb
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I sent along a friend request! :-)
  • mynamesdiane
    mynamesdiane Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Heyyy :D
    Well I'm 18 from NY! I love sports and am on soccer swimming & track teams. I've gained some weight between seasons & because of a knee injury due to soccer. I grew up a chubby kid & lost a lot of weight when I entered my teenage years. I went from 145 to 108 pounds when I was 13 through starving myself & throwing up. Now that I look back I remember all those people I hated for trying to help me and wish I could thank them for trying to help me see how things really were. I remember I weighed 108 and still thought I was fat :( Now I weigh 140 pounds at 5' 4" and I want to lose weight the right way this time because the other way slowed down my metabolism -.- My ultimate goal is to weigh 125 pounds and be at a state where I am truly happy with myself :) I would love to make friends on this site so we can help each other reach our goals through motivation! :)
  • zee1957
    zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I wish you luck I'm sending a friend request i too want to lose 50 lbs I'mm 53 years old. "):wink:
  • camberwellgreen
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for your replies - your support is very much welcomed. I look forward to sharing 'the journey' with you all :smile:
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hiya - I'm in England too, and started nearly 2 weeks ago so not too long ago!

Sending a request :)

Best of luck!