jovanreid Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hi from mcdonalds play area

4cuxk7xd41rt.jpeg

Good Lord don't let my daughter see this, we'd go and never leave! Lol
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    You work at the Department of Motor Vehicles?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Hiya from my long hallway, the dog is just an added bonus. :smiley:

smrdz8zysi3p.jpg
  • jovanreid
    Options
    You work at the Department of Motor Vehicles?

Lol no, it's an acronym for the D.C./Maryland/Virginia metropolitan area
  • jovanreid
    Options
    Hmmm... I've always thought it was Dept of motor vehicle. Oh well

Don't worry, I had to get used to it when I first got up here....prior to that, dept of motor vehicles was the only "DMV" I knew of as well lol
  • jovanreid
    Options

He did say "the", indicating place rather than places. Grammatically I'm not on board with any of this.
    D.C., Maryland and Virginia are subcategories of the actual region itself, not region(s), so only the singular 'the' is necessary since the one region encompasses all three areas.
  • jovanreid
    Options
    I'd reply and say hello but unfortunately my ticket says C32 so its going to be a while

"Now serving ticket C32, C32!!" Lol
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    jovanreid wrote: »

He did say "the", indicating place rather than places. Grammatically I'm not on board with any of this.
    D.C., Maryland and Virginia are subcategories of the actual region itself, not region(s), so only the singular 'the' is necessary since the one region encompasses all three areas.

Let's talk punctuation between letters. Wouldn't slashes have more appropriately conveyed your location? D.M.V. is a rather broadly known acronym. I blame you for the lack of clarity and the inconsistency between title and following post content. This isn't in keeping with any known style guide.

Wow @MistressSara was right...you are cranky
  • jovanreid
    Options

Let's talk punctuation between letters. Wouldn't slashes have more appropriately conveyed your location? D.M.V. is a rather broadly known acronym. I blame you for the lack of clarity and the inconsistency between title and following post content. This isn't in keeping with any known style guide.

Slashes would've been good, dashes maybe, even spelling out DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, MARYLAND AND VIRGINIA METROPOLITAN REGION would've been great, but I made my decision; it's intelligence lies in the instance of someone asking what D.M.V. stands for and I reply, thus leading to another reply, and another, etc.....and there you have it, the enjoyable phenomenon we all know and love......a conversation ☺
  • jovanreid
    Options

Slashes would've been good, dashes maybe, even spelling out DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, MARYLAND AND VIRGINIA METROPOLITAN REGION would've been great, but I made my decision; it's intelligence lies in the instance of someone asking what D.M.V. stands for and I reply, thus leading to another reply, and another, etc.....and there you have it, the enjoyable phenomenon we all know and love......a conversation ☺

You're killing me with the excessive ellipses.

Don't be killed, be thrilled! I'm devoting precious time to have a conversation with you about grammatical viewpoints for which neither of us are receiving brownie points, especially since this was supposed to simply be a friendly "hi" to everyone. If you knew how many people do not receive my time and attention, you would feel honored right now🙂
  • _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_
    _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_ Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options

Don't be killed, be thrilled! I'm devoting precious time to have a conversation with you about grammatical viewpoints for which neither of us are receiving brownie points, especially since this was supposed to simply be a friendly "hi" to everyone. If you knew how many people do not receive my time and attention, you would feel honored right now🙂

Speak for yourself, I'm racking up frequent flyer miles *and* brownie points.

Stop bragging.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    We don't do this here
    Stick in the mud

This was known

Hi, from Mudville

All 9 of you better be careful...
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options

My new favorite reply is "Don't be killed, be thrilled!" B)
  • jovanreid
    Options

Speak for yourself, I'm racking up frequent flyer miles *and* brownie points.

You got brownie points for this?🤔
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    hi
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    hi

There is no call for that kind of negativity!