30 Shed

Options
Has anyone tried this or doing this now? What do you think? Do you just do the DVD or is there more to it? Thanks!!

Replies

• megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options
    i got the dvd over the weekend, i have tried it and it was a great workout but I am going to start today being very serious about it. The only thing you need is hand weights and you just do the DVD
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just started it today..8/22/11. As far as I can tell, you just do the 20 minute workout on the dvd daily. You going to do it too? Lemme know... cuz I'd love to have a work-out buddy to keep ME accountable! :)
  • swall0810
    swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I just started it today. 8/22. Its a good work out!
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I do it and love it. If I have extra time I will do a level 3 and then a level 1 or mix it up. I just started Jiliian Michael's other DVD series Ripped in 30. It's a step up from the Shred. Great challenging workout! All you need is hand weights. She does have a meal plan for both that you can get online.
    I've lost 4.5 inches in 6 weeks doing the Shred
    Have fun!

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    go to ur community message boards and type in 30 day shred. there is a link where people have posted the results they have gotten with the 30 day shred and they are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Good luck. I have done it and gotten to day 15 and had to stop because of a back injury but will get back to it soon!
  • barbiedollgirl
    barbiedollgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just started it today..8/22/11. As far as I can tell, you just do the 20 minute workout on the dvd daily. You going to do it too? Lemme know... cuz I'd love to have a work-out buddy to keep ME accountable! :)

Just got my DVD in hand so I will be starting this tomorrow morning!! I heard some say it really works!!
  • trini14
    trini14 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody!!!

I just bought the DVD over the weekend too!!! I wanted to start the DVD today too, I start C25K yesterday, maybe we can all check in on each other... my name is Avril by the way, nice to meet everyone :)
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Its great !! Im done with Level 2 now ,Started 8/1, huge difference in my strength and endurance. So far Ive lost a few inches off my waist and hip sand about 4 lbs
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    P.S. i took before pics too. I highly recommend doing that, I cant wait to post the before and afters.
  • Jrab6486
    Jrab6486 Posts: 31
    Options
    I started it on Thursday! SO far I love it. Still on level 1. but I always run after I do the shred...just makes me feel better!
  • aim2lose
    aim2lose Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Going to begin the 30 Day Shred today. Need the motivation to stay with it!!
    Other mini goals for the week include: 10 - 8oz. glasses of water a day and no food after 8pm.
    Already lost on that one as I ate a rice cake about 9:30 last night, but I'm going to try again tonight.
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    30 Day Shred?? I have it and I LOVE IT!! I am also starting Jillian's Ripped In 30 workout. Someone had a brilliant idea to combine the two workouts and rotate between them and their various levels. This is a way my body can get a different workout everyday. I have heard that muscle confusion is the best thing you can do to see some serious results so that's what I'm trying to achieve. Today I am starting doubles though. I'll do one or the other in the mornings and then in the evenings. Jillian is an awesome trainer and I'm sure you'd be pleased with any of her workouts.

Good luck to you :)
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Starting level 2 today..ekk im scared! only lost .6 lbs since starting but took a before and then one yesterday and can tell ive lost some inches in my stomack area..its a GREAT workout(so far has been great)LOL and jillian will kick your *kitten*! will need 3 or 5 lb hand weights and a mat if working out on a hard surface..
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I tore my calf muscle doing it =[ About 5 days into it too. I didn't know it was torn just thought it was being stupid and kept going until Level 2 day 2 before I went to a doctor.
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    What type of exercise do you log it as?? I want to start doing this but have no idea what to put.
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    What type of exercise do you log it as?? I want to start doing this but have no idea what to put.

Cardio circuit training 20mins:)
  • GettingFitterVicki
    GettingFitterVicki Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Well...I have completed level one and just started level two today. It's great, I have never used a workout DVD before but am enjoying it.

It's short enough to fit in to a busy schedule.

Do a search on here and google you'll see loads of reviews and results. I started out level one with 3lb weights then went up to 5lb. Level two I'm alternating, starting with heavy and sometimes dropping down to lighter when I need to.

Good luck!
  • ido10612
    ido10612 Posts: 51
    Options
    Started 5 days ago. By far the hardest workout i have ever done! But its awesome bc its only 20 mins. For now, ive been doing it only every other day bc my thighs hurt so bad that it literally hurts to move!! But thats how i know its working. I would have to spend 3 hours in the gym doing regualr workouts to feel like this so its a great time saver.

Ive also started atkins with the 30DS. Lost a few pounds already. Very exciting!!

I recomend this workout to anyone looking for a fast way to workout and still see results. It only 20 mins but its a thorough *kitten* kicking and it just works. and ive only done it a few times but i can feel it!
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Barbiedoll - didja get day 1 workout done?
    I finished day 2.
    Lets Go girlfriend! :)
  • megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options
    i started it last night and I HATE it but i am going to stick to it!