- Whole rye bread, 35g, 68 kcal
- Paté, 5g, 14 kcal
- Beef stew, 1 portion, 366 kcal
- Pasta with a dash of pesto sauce, 100g, 177 kcal
- Green peas and carrots, 100g, 54 kcal
- Grated carrots, 100g, 68 kcal
- Slice of cheese, 10g, 36 kcal
- Tangerine, 1, 35 kcal (not pictured)

The paté and cheese are because I struggle to reach the fat goal.

This is my main meal of the day. I usually take a cup of oatmeal for breakfast, and another 100g of rice, veggies and grated carrots for diner (no meat).

Is that good?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy. Sounds like you're making sure you are hitting your calorie target for the day, choosing a varied diet, and dialing in your macros.

Last check - Does it make you happy? If yes, totally good to go!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What's the macros and total calories?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    No, no its not good. Its good looking, thats about it. Its not in any way balanced nor will your macros be by the end of the day. Unless you dont care about that.

I know you just like to be the contrarian, but maybe share with the class why you feel this way?

I'm also curious.
  • monso06
    monso06 Posts: 20 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @quiksylver296 Thanks! Well it does make me happy at the moment because I'm learning nutrition and losing weight. Just have to buckle in for a while.

@TavistockToad

818 kcal, Carbs: 40%, Fat: 31%, Protein: 29%

I use cereal in the morning mostly for carbs, lunch mostly for proteins, and diner to adjust the last few percentages. I end up within 2 or 3% of the recommended 50/30/20.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    monso06 wrote: »
    @quiksylver296 Thanks! Well it does make me happy at the moment because I'm learning nutrition and losing weight at the moment. Just have to buckle in for a while.

@TavistockToad

I use cereal in the morning mostly for carbs, lunch mostly for proteins, and diner to adjust the last few percentages.

What I meant by happy...

I freak out and binge if I try to cut certain foods out of my overall diet. I have to make room for them. Having a portion of chocolate or ice cream daily keeps me happy and on track.
  • monso06
    Options
    What I meant by happy...

I freak out and binge if I try to cut certain foods out of my overall diet. I have to make room for them. Having a portion of chocolate or ice cream daily keeps me happy and on track.

That's great! I do have a little cheat meal every week.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 Thanks! Well it does make me happy at the moment because I'm learning nutrition and losing weight. Just have to buckle in for a while.

@TavistockToad

I use cereal in the morning mostly for carbs, lunch mostly for proteins, and diner to adjust the last few percentages. I end up within 2 or 3% of the recommended 50/30/20.

If that fits your day and it's all food you like then it's a great plate! :drinker:
  • monso06
    edited January 2019
    Options
    No, no its not good. Its good looking, thats about it. Its not in any way balanced nor will your macros be by the end of the day. Unless you dont care about that.

I do get my macros balanced at the end of the day, but not on every meal (more carbs for breakfast, more proteins and fat for lunch). I'd like to know why this plate is unbalanced though.
  • monso06
    Options
    If that fits your day and it's all food you like then it's a great plate! :drinker:

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options

Love your sense of humor raver... lol
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    That looks like a lot of cooking...but delicious!
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    You really must like carrots 🙂
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    If you enjoyed eating it.
    If it fit your calories
    If it fit your macros
    If it filled you up

Then I would rate your plate a 10

Bon Apetite :)
  • monso06
    edited January 2019
    Options
    LOL and I am out.
    Well that's sad. I'd have sincerely liked to hear opposite arguments. Might learn something new.
    Goober1142 wrote: »
    Not really... I made the stew a week ago and just heat a portion every day. The can of green veggies lasts 2 or 3 days. For such a meal, I only have to cook new pasta or rice.
  • monso06
    Options
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    You really must like carrots 🙂

Not especially, but they're cheap and low calorie!

If you enjoyed eating it.
    If it fit your calories
    If it fit your macros
    If it filled you up

Then I would rate your plate a 10

Bon Apetite :)

• zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    LOL and I am out.
    Well that's sad. I'd have sincerely liked to hear opposite arguments. Might learn something new.
    Goober1142 wrote: »
    Not really... I made the stew a week ago and just heat a portion every day. The can of green veggies lasts 2 or 3 days. For such a meal, I only have to cook new pasta or rice.

You may already know this, but you can cook rice ahead of time too. I usually do 3-4 days worth at a time and then store the leftovers in the fridge. It re-heats quickly in the microwave (just add a bit of water), or I'll throw it cold into my stirfrys and it warms up in a couple minutes that way.