Trying to take back control

Options
I was doing so well then lost the way with being ill pneumonia for 10 weeks steroids antibiotics more steroids got so fed up and gained so much lbs I’m disgusted with myself I have my wedding this year so I need to do something motivation much needed with a kick up the *kitten*

Replies

• overeater1
    overeater1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You’ll do it Mary. We all have set backs, fall off the wagon for different reasons, but the important thing is to get going again. A wedding is a great motivator: I know you can do it: hard work yes, but it’s the best feeling in the world to slip into a dress that you love, knowing you look good. When I’m out walking or finding it tough, I repeat “ for me, myself, and Tom” to keep me focused and not to give up. Get organized, buy healthy food and DO NOT buy anything that you know will cause you to fall: I had to stop buying bread and mayonnaise at the beginning because I knew the temptation was too much!
  • deathofrock
    deathofrock Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You also have desire. The first step is forgiving yourself, realizing all is not lost, and thanking yourself for realizing your issue. Then, start with whatever steps you can in the right direction
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    You can get back to your goal weight keep pressing forward
  • ctleonard9
    ctleonard9 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I understand Mary. I did not get sick but after losing 39 pounds I stopped counting calories and paying close attention to what I was eating. Now I am paying the price. I have gained back 12 of my lost pounds and my pants are too tight. I seem to have lost my discipline to keep to 1450 calories a day and exercise 3 times per week and not just 2. Very frustrating since I don't know how I did it all before. I am struggling to get back on the wagon consistently but I know I have to keep trying to keep within my calorie count. I also need to stop having sweats in the house. What a set up for failure. Let's keep striving to make good choices and keep up our exercise programs. cat