Medi Weightloss

Options
Is anyone here fing Medi Weightloss? I just finished my first week and didn't lose a darn pound! I'm so frustrated because i'm doing the plan exactly how it says to do it. I've read so many reviews and seen videos about people losing anywhere from 4 to 10 pounds the first week. I haven't seen anything about people not losing at all! Why?!?!?! This is too much money if i'm wasting my time!!!

Replies

• MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @beejolly1 of course they won't show people who haven't lost.

How much do you have to lose anyway?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    just stay here on MFP and it wont cost you a single penny.

learn how to weigh and log your food accurately. youll be happier, find better success and have more money in your bank account.
  • Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

I don't think that's even possible for someone morbidliest obese

If you're just obese and your TDEE might be around 3000kcal then you've basically not eaten anything in 23 days to get this loss. So think again before you're peddling some woo.

morbidliest? :o Yeah, it's possible. VLCD's cause even larger losses in water than small deficits. I hate to sound cliche, but it was mostly water weight loss. I lost 13 pounds my first week on Weight Watchers.
  • mradke71
    mradke71 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How is that even possible: 19lbs in 23 days?
    19lbs = 66500kcal eaten below maintenance in 23 days
    = 2891kcal deficit per day.

I don't think that's even possible for someone morbidliest obese

If you're just obese and your TDEE might be around 3000kcal then you've basically not eaten anything in 23 days to get this loss. So think again before you're peddling some woo.[/quote]

Easy Yiyara, im not trying to sell anything, just commenting on the original comment and you dont know me and my history. I was eating terrible, probalby 3500 calories a day, Soda, IPA's and snacks. I had no portion control. I started this and gave up all Soda, Beer, and followed the Plan. I work out at Orangetheory 4 days a week, each class burning 950-1000 calories. I am not starving myself and feel amazing. Each person is different. I have averages 5lbs to 6lbs lose a week. Yes i drink 160oz a water a day, so some may be water weight. Best of luck in your journey.
  • Effieruns77
    Effieruns77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am doing Medi Weight Loss, but I am modifying their program to be less extreme. I opt out of their shots, pills, and appetite suppressants. Sure, I could do the same thing on MFP for free, but I've found through my own experience that I don't stick with it without the in-person accountability. Basically I am paying for the accountability of someone putting me on the scale each week. WW is cheaper but doesn't have the same value, since the weigh-ins are impersonal. At Medi, they do a weekly weigh-in and blood pressure read, plus a waist measurement once a month. I also get a weekly face-to-face with a nurse practitioner about how the program is working/not-working.

I did do the program close to "as-written" for week 1 and lost 10 pounds. That was too much too fast for me. I don't want to lose weight fast, I want to lose it once. I incorporate a lot more food and carbs than they recommend, but I'm happy to go slow and steady.
  • robertwhuss
    robertwhuss Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used MyFitnessPal with Medi Weightloss? We signed up this week and would love to use it with MyFitnessPal. What settings do you need to change? Anything?