Keto! Beginner

Options
Looking for friends who are doing keto to keep accountable and learn new things along the way! I am 28 years old female. I am 5'7 started my journey at 285 lbs currently I am 248 lbs

Replies

• TheMiniKeto
    TheMiniKeto Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto over a year now. I'll add you! I'll try to help anyway I can. Welcome and good luck on your journey!
  • nekeki2001
    nekeki2001 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just started let going on week 2 I need some assistance because I have only lost 3lbs. Please add me for as a friend so we can all help each other😁
  • influencingangel
    influencingangel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    elhana34 wrote: »
    Looking for friends who are doing keto to keep accountable and learn new things along the way! I am 28 years old female. I am 5'7 started my journey at 285 lbs currently I am 248 lbs

Congrats
  • Bonnynun
    Bonnynun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to do keto. I just don't know where to start. Any suggestions.
  • rashadlc
    rashadlc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Been on Keto for a while. Just recently signed up for this My fitness pal. Please add
  • jeanneeverdeen
    jeanneeverdeen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey. I’m new to MFP and Keto. I’m not sure how to join your group but I would love to share in this journey with you.
  • VioletPale
    VioletPale Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Another Keto newbie here, as well :)
    28 yo, started at 92 kgs or roughly 200 pounds, I'm kind of a short person), 164 cms, so yeah :)
    Started Keto 2 weeks ago, today marks the beginning of the third. For the most part, I ate 'strictly Keto' but I had two days where i really ate way too much carbs; the best part about it is that I did not feel bad about it at all because I just knew I will go back to Keto afterwards. Which is what I did and it's great :)
    Looking for new friends for accountability :) stay amazing, you all :)
  • debwhite66
    debwhite66 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, Another Newbie to MFP, female 52 years young, start weight was 86.6 kgs, lost 5 Kgs on healthy low fat, no sugar diet with plenty of exercise in 14 days then switched to strict keto a week ago, weight loss slowed significantly, but was told to expect that as body takes a while to get into full Keto, so have lost about 1Kg so far on it, but am getting head aches and loss of energy compared to previous diet, will give it another week or so to see if my body adjusts and will update you all
    Bonnynun wrote: »
    I would love to do keto. I just don't know where to start. Any suggestions.

Bonnynun - I used a site called dietdoctor.com/low-carb for all my info on how to do KETO - really informative with great recipe ideas, and it's free!

• armstrobyn
    armstrobyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Robyn

My heaviest I reach was 295.4. I am currently 266.8. I am 5 foot 3 inches. I've. Started Keto 4 weeks ago - which lead me to a 11lbs weight loss to my current weight.

I have Hydrogenits Superative (Hs) and my doctor recommended Keto as a way to eat to help manage that - for life.

Just looking for support and such. I like to normalize my struggles, so I know we are all going through the same.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    There's a low carb group here on MFP that may be helpful for you: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum

I've been on Keto since mid-Oct and it's been slow, but I have more consistent energy now. Keto 'flu' can take a few weeks to get through but hang in there.
  • carrie5886
    carrie5886 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m new to MFP and not sure quite how to use this app yet. I would also like to do Keto, but I’m overwhelmed with all the information on it.