weight loss

Options
it is snowing outside and the pavement is icy so I am cautious to go outside. I am wondering the cost of staying inside today. that means minimal exercise and eating regular.

Replies

• Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a you tube workout video kind of day to me. We have 9months of winter here. If I wait for the weather to improve I'd never work out, lol.
  • texascarrot820
    texascarrot820 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    eating within my allotted calories for the day.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    As long as your MFP goal is set up on your regular activity, and *doesn't* include your exercise -- AKA, you set up your stats how it's suppsoed to be done -- you can eat your MFP goal.

If you want to get some activity in at home, I really like the Fitness Blender videos. You can filter based on what you want to do, and the equipment you have.
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    eating within my allotted calories for the day.

It wont hinder your efforts, so no cost as you put it. MFP follows NEAT (non exercise activity thermogenesis), meaning the deficit is already there without exercise. If you want to exercise great, just ensure your're eating back a portion of your calories. If not, then no big deal you'll still be in a deficit.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    it just means you dont get extra calories from working out to eat.

nothing more nothing less.

or eat them anyways and be slightly over. you can make them up or not. choice is up to you.

you could do a home work out of some kind.

you could sleep all day and skip all the meals (that actually sounds AWESOME to me right now on this cold dreary day LMAO)

missing workouts, for a variety of reasons, happens. its cold af here and im not going out. so... no workout. just not a big deal.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Play in the snow when there is enough on the ground... is it snowing enough to shovel later?

I get that you want to keep to your normal schedule, use this as an opportunity to make the most of it. Either take a rest day or maybe Youtube, fitnessblender or google search for 'exercises I can do at home'. Do some house cleaning, something always needs cleaning in my house. :smile:

Eating regular to me would be 'sticking to my deficit' with 0 exercise, your're still in a deficit to lose.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a you tube workout video kind of day to me. We have 9months of winter here. If I wait for the weather to improve I'd never work out, lol.

This^

Find a way around excuses. Jessica Smith TV is a YouTube favorite of mine.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Your calorie goal is for a non-exercise day so not really seeing what the problem is - can you expand?