Frustrated

Options
Isorkin
Isorkin Posts: 5 Member
The site is wonderful for the times I use it. I will start the monitoring, and for the month to three I use it I loose weight every time. How could you not when you track the inflow and outflow of calories to make sure you are in limits. Factoring in fitness to make sure you stay in range, you end up healthier. My issue is after one to three months, I loose some weight, I fall back into thinking I am still 25 (48 now). Eventually it comes back rather quickly I might add. I need to figure out this time around what can make me stay the course longer than the one to three month time frame. How do you make it something you are really willing to do for a year to life. that is the tricky part for me.

Replies

• MarieRosekenji85
    MarieRosekenji85 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I want it, so I make it part of my daily routine. I also mostly pre track for the whole day and only adjust when weighing the foods I eat or maybe adding a snack here and there. It's all about daily commitment. :smile:
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I may be misunderstanding what you said, but if you change your eating habits and lose weight and then go back to the original eating habits you had prior to weight loss then that's a cycle that leads to failure. You need to make sure whatever dietary changes you make DURING weight loss are things that are sustainable for a lifetime.

This exactly. I lost weight many times before being truly successful. The reason I failed was because I never realized I had to make lifetime changes. I always went on very low calorie or low carb diets thinking I would lose weight then eat normally. This time I realized I needed a diet I could live with for the rest of my life. Frankly not a diet but a lifestyle change. Go slower and learn along the way. That's the only way you will maintain.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    First, i needed to get to the place where i realized that I did not need to go on a diet; I needed to make a permanent lifestyle change.

Once I did thst, it became a matter of experimenting with a number of strategies until I found something that i could picture doing for the rest of my life. I lost, regained, and lost again for several months until I found what works for me and what I think I can continue doing forever. Since then, it has been pretty smooth sailing. I am down 50+ pounds pounds in 6 months and less than 2 pounds from goal.

• Isorkin
    Isorkin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thank you for all who responded. Yes, I agree, when I start this (again) I am militant. I too loose the weight by eating 1,000 calories a day, no sugar (I drop 10 pounds in the first week by taking out sugar - incredible), and exercise twice a day (5am prior to work, and 11pm my life calms down), but you are all right, you need to find a proper amount of exercise, that is sustainable and healthy foods that do not make you miserable (for lack of another word). I suppose I will be militant for the first month just to drop the 10 lbs to 15 lbs, and from there on find a happy medium. Feed back much appreciated.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    P.S. You could consider trying this:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm

It's pretty much how I lost around 50 pounds, and have stayed at a healthy weight since . . . just with the mis-steps and false starts left out. ;)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Isorkin wrote: »
    thank you for all who responded. Yes, I agree, when I start this (again) I am militant. I too loose the weight by eating 1,000 calories a day, no sugar (I drop 10 pounds in the first week by taking out sugar - incredible), and exercise twice a day (5am prior to work, and 11pm my life calms down), but you are all right, you need to find a proper amount of exercise, that is sustainable and healthy foods that do not make you miserable (for lack of another word). I suppose I will be militant for the first month just to drop the 10 lbs to 15 lbs, and from there on find a happy medium. Feed back much appreciated.

Your profile indicates you are male. 1000 calories is not enough to feed a toddler. You should be eating a minimum of 1500 cals per day - more, depending on your height and current weight.

Why not slow down your rate of loss by upping your calories now? This is a marathon and not a sprint. :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    Isorkin wrote: »

Your profile indicates you are male. 1000 calories is not enough to feed a toddler. You should be eating a minimum of 1500 cals per day - more, depending on your height and current weight.

Why not slow down your rate of loss by upping your calories now? This is a marathon and not a sprint. :)

O! M! G!

I assumed female, obviously. Dude, just no. Stuff I said still applies, but more, and worse. NoNoNo!
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Changing lifelong patterns and then sticking to those changes is really, really tough. I kind of look at my journey (have lost 70, but need to lose 50 more) as running from a burning building, although I realize that's a bit dramatic. The only way out is to run through the flames. Going back is for sure gonna kill you. Again, overly dramatic, I realize. I always ask myself how I'm going to feel a year or two years from now if I give up and regain everything I've worked so hard to lose. You've probably seen this quote from Earl Nightingale, but just in case: "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use." It's one of my favorites.