HEALTHY WAGE FRIENDS

Options
Looking for friends. They (HW) don’t have a messaging system or your own feed kinda deal, yet. Also tell me... doesn’t it show that you posted 4-5 hours ago as soon as u post on there? Mine did immediately. Holla!!!

Replies

• Dansfightforlife
    Dansfightforlife Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    How does it work? Can you only "bet" on losing weight, or can you say "I bet $50 a day that I will workout everyday for the next 6 months"?
  • OOODINA777
    OOODINA777 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Weight loss. But they have other pots (challenges) you can do. It’s all weight loss tho.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    How does it work? Can you only "bet" on losing weight, or can you say "I bet $50 a day that I will workout everyday for the next 6 months"?

You will lose your money though if you don't reach the goal you bet on.
  • Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Can you place wagers that you'll backslide and regain weight? :#
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    You can do some challenges that don’t require weight loss, I am currently doing a step challenge. If I increase my steps by 25% over a 60 day window I win. If I don’t I lose my bet. I am also doing a weight loss bet. Mine is pretty reasonable 20lbs by October 3. The pot is not a big as some, but I also want to make sure I continue to lose at a slow a steady pace.
  • OOODINA777
    OOODINA777 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well if you can keep up that many steps and meet ur challenge you’ll probably lose weight and tone up lol. Most folks I see doing it is also doing the weight loss challenge which kinda goes hand and hand on there lol

• phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    @OOODINA777 - DietBet is similar but does have message boards/ community forum. I have not done Healthy Wage so I can’t compare but I like diet bet. They also have weekly weigh ins and monthly targets (which include payout if you are at goal).
  • adrscheuerman
    adrscheuerman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just made a bet!! I’m actually trying to get a team together, but need another person. I am loving this idea though!! I wanna lose the weight so I might as well make it work for me. $10,000 here I come :)
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,750 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    7. To advertise or not to advertise? (Not to advertise!)
    I WILL:
    • I will understand that posts containing links to offsite blog posts and social media are considered advertisements.
    • I will report posts I believe to be advertising.

I WON’T:
    • I won’t post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which an associate or myself might benefit financially or otherwise.
    • I won’t solicit off-forum contact from which I might benefit, i.e., "message me for more info."
    • I won’t request or solicit for donations, not even requests for charitable contributions.
    • I won’t post or use this service to promote websites that compete with MyFitnessPal.
    • I won’t respond to advertisers.
    If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Sugar
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.