Hi I am new to this whole thing

Options
Hi everyone! I am a 31 yr old mom/wife. We have 4 kids ages 7 and under. So since we are not having anymore children, it is time to take this weight off. I started my new life on 1/16/09 and weighed in at 230 (I am 5'8") and to date I am now 205. So far I am impressed with myself. Last week I did not lose any but went shopping and I am 1 1/2 pant sizes smaller! So I was ok with that.
I am looking to get any good tips. My goal is to weigh 160 by July. I KNOW I can do it. I do go to the gym and also have incorporated strength training into my routine. If I can't make it to the gym then I do one of Jillian Michaels workouts for 45 mintues.
I am just not sure if I am eating enough calories sometimes. I thought the less calories the better but I hear that is not true?
So any helpful advice would be great!
Thanks so much!

Replies

• mom102703
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a 31 yr old mom/wife. We have 4 kids ages 7 and under. So since we are not having anymore children, it is time to take this weight off. I started my new life on 1/16/09 and weighed in at 230 (I am 5'8") and to date I am now 205. So far I am impressed with myself. Last week I did not lose any but went shopping and I am 1 1/2 pant sizes smaller! So I was ok with that.
    I am looking to get any good tips. My goal is to weigh 160 by July. I KNOW I can do it. I do go to the gym and also have incorporated strength training into my routine. If I can't make it to the gym then I do one of Jillian Michaels workouts for 45 mintues.
    I am just not sure if I am eating enough calories sometimes. I thought the less calories the better but I hear that is not true?
    So any helpful advice would be great!
    Thanks so much!
  • zahidbutt
    Options
    First of all ,,,,,,, u did achieved alot,,,, Congratzz for it .
    Secondly, Yeah its true dont take very low cal per day... kindly do check wots the minimum no. of cal u can take in a day.

I think dont take less then 1200 cal / day. But kindly do check (the minimum no of cal per day) according to ur weight n height.

regards.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    there is a "newbies" thread that will teach you so much!! I thought the same thing about calories when I began but I learned soooo much from reading these threads:

here they are:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

this is a goldmine of information.

Welcome!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site so much. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.