I always get stuck in the 330s... Help?

Options

Replies

• HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Fflpnari wrote: »
    Do you have an activity tracker?

I kept losing the same 20 pounds, gaining and losing multiple times. I got an activity tracker and realized I was under eating. I upped to 2400 calories (burning 2900 a day) and have been losing a pound a week, slow but steady.

nope if a person isnt losing weight eating more isnt going to cause weight loss,if you are undereating youre still going to lose weight albeit dangerously and with lean mass/muscle being burned as well.
    No it isn't, but lots of people report this phenomenon.

I wonder if what's happening is that at the lower calorie intake they end up reducing their activity level to compensate, without noticing.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    10 days at the same weight isn't long enough to be a plateau but I totally understand your frustration. I'm wondering how long you have been dieting this time around. If you are comfortable that you are logging every calorie and if you stay stuck for another 3 weeks or so then I suggest the diet break. That doesn't mean quitting it means eating at maintenance for a couple weeks. I was stuck after a year of dieting and couldn't get the scale to budge. I took a diet break and although I gained a couple pounds during the break after I went back to dieting it came right off along with the last 20 lbs I needed to lose. But it was slow. I was stuck for 3 months tho so again give it more time. Lots of folks get stuck and many things cause your weight to stall. Sometimes it's just food still in your digestive system if things aren't moving along normally. Could be water due to exercise, hormones or if you aren't drinking enough. The more you drink actually the more your body lets go of the water. Hang in there my friend. I know it seems like a long way to go and may even feel hopeless but trust me it's not and you CAN do it. Go check out the success thread and picture yourself there one day.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I kept losing the same 20 pounds, gaining and losing multiple times. I got an activity tracker and realized I was under eating. I upped to 2400 calories (burning 2900 a day) and have been losing a pound a week, slow but steady.

nope if a person isnt losing weight eating more isnt going to cause weight loss,if you are undereating youre still going to lose weight albeit dangerously and with lean mass/muscle being burned as well.

I wonder if what's happening is that at the lower calorie intake they end up reducing their activity level to compensate, without noticing.

That does indeed happen. Also this - they are intending to eat too few calories, but are hungry and over eat, and end up eating way more calories per day than if they had a sustainable calorie allowance.

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/

binge-low-calorie-diet.jpg
    Ah yes. Unattainable goals never lead anywhere good.

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    oneillm45 wrote: »
    You have an advantage now over the last few times. You know the pattern. Continue logging and eating as you have been - if you really have been logging correctly then the weight will come off. You might be due a woosh in the next few days - and when that happens, you'll be so glad you didn't quit.

I can honestly say for me i have NEVER had the whoosh effect
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

usually it is and when they increase calories they increase activity. more food for many means more energy. or they could have ended up with adaptive thermogenesis and eating more reversed it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat as far as weight & goal rate - something that i've found to be helpful to myself is to look at the calories i need to eat to maintain my current weight and keep it in mind as i go. Right now my goal is 1730, but to maintain my current weight i need to eat about 2350. I've promised myself i will log honestly, and log everything i eat, and know that even if i blow past my 1730 goal for today, if i eat under 2350, i'm still doing SOMETHING toward losing, however slow it may be. I don't know if that will help you, but knowing that number helps me.

I agree with this 100%!
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Try something different this time. Keep at it.

A three week stall is not the end of the line (especially if you happen to be a menstruating female, in which case water retention as a result of hormonal fluctuation can mask fat loss in the short term). If you are stalled at the same weight in 2 more weeks, shave a hundred or so calories off your daily intake. The whole calories in/calories out thing works, but one issue that comes up is that both sides of that equation are basically estimates.
  • witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    🤗 How are you doing today, @emmylootwo? Are you feeling any better? I know it’s hard, but you can do this. Stick with it! Tons of good advice here. The scale has been kind of cranky with me this week, but I’ve decided that given up is not an option.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    emmylootwo wrote: »
    🤗 How are you doing today, @emmylootwo? Are you feeling any better? I know it’s hard, but you can do this. Stick with it! Tons of good advice here. The scale has been kind of cranky with me this week, but I’ve decided that given up is not an option.

Doing a little better today. I appreciate everyone's kind words of advice. I decided to keep on trying... even though the scale still stays the same today.

the scale wont always move, weight fluctuates all the time and sometimes it stays the same. its normal. you wont lose every day it doesnt work that way. some days it may go up due to water retention,waste,that time of the month and so on. you gotta keep going. the body can only burn so much fat at a time. be patient and it will happen trust me. some days my weight is the same,some days its up, sometimes its down. its life and its what happens. you want to look for the downward trend in weight over time. give it a month or two and see if it goes down even if its a little at a time.you should start to see something happening soon.
  • sarahq81
    sarahq81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just hold on a bit longer. My weight loss comes in one week out of every month so I guess it’s hormonal. Then the rest of the month I have to struggle to keep the motivation to keep the scales at the same weight. It’s worth it if you can just wait. I also usually have one very hungry day during that time where I just eat a bit more but don’t go overboard.