Nutrients

Options
Heyy everyone. I was going through my previous log meals and have been seeing that I am not getting it fulfilling my nutrients everyday. I’ve been worried about the calories not the nutrients I’m getting. How can I be sure to get enough nutrients everyday??

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Unless you are really careful about the entries you choose, many of them may just not include nutrients they actually do contain. If on MFP, I think the best bet is to understand what a healthy diet is, and eat that. If you want to make sure a harder diet (like a low cal one or vegan or keto) is sufficient, and really need to track nutrients, Cronometer is easier.

If you are doing 1200 (common goal at MFP), it might be challenging, also.

Easier to say if you say what nutrients you are low on.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Nutrients: Colorful vegetables, with a focus on green leafy vegetables such as kale, spinach, and collared greens.
    Blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries are full of nutrients also.

It's a little bit difficult to figure out how to use this, but you can find foods highest in the nutrients you prefer at https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/nutrients/index
  • vivekggopi
    vivekggopi Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Have a lot of veggies it’s will fill your nutrients requirements with no worry about calories.