Lunch

Options
I am a special education teacher and ofte have to eat lunch while working with a kiddo. Any suggestions on easy, healthy, on the go lunches? I am burnt out on my normal recipes.

Replies

• erikaramirez4872
    erikaramirez4872 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    What kind of lunches have you done? Have you tried the spring mix and grilled chicken? You can also look on Pinterest you can always find something there. 🙂
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Chicken soup with barley. Load it with veggies.
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I love a salad. I get the spring mix and spinach in the plastic shells at the store. I combine them. I take frozen corn, frozen chickpeas, hummus, craisins, and whatever else you want on it along with dressing on the side. Done! Prep time is nothing.
  • vivekggopi
    vivekggopi Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Brown rice grilled chicken without oil and kale salad
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    vivekggopi wrote: »
    Brown rice grilled chicken without oil and kale salad

im glad you like it but i will take a hard pass on that ickiness.

take leftovers, soup, salad, sandwich, lean cuisine type stuff, cheese and crackers and fruit, raw veggies, whatever sounds good. nothing is off limits if it fits in your calorie goals and dietary needs.
  • stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Baked chicken breast cut into slices and salad mix with italian vinaigrette. You can add extras in the salad like corn, black beans, shredded carrots, etc.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    If you need it simple to handle, I like a chicken wrap. I smoke a bunch of chicken breasts on Sunday. Through the week, I'll grab a tortilla, a Laughing Cow cheese wedge (pepper jack is the best), a little romaine, and some sliced chicken breast. Yummy and portable.
  • rohhse
    rohhse Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I make double portions of whatever I'm having for dinner, and bring the rest to work with me.

I did homemade pizza on naan bread in the oven last night, and if you don't mind cold pizza, (I love it) it makes great lunch the next day.

I also like to make tuna salad and eat it with wheat thins or similar cracker type food, or you can use a lettuce wrap if you prefer not to have/can't have wheat or bread. Tuna salad keeps very well for the next day and takes only a few minutes to prepare.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Sandwich....