Less proportion but hungry still

Options
This isn’t my first rodeo but it’s been 10 years. I’m trying to get myself down in weight. For many reasons. However, I lessened my calorie intake but don’t feel like I’m filling up. What is a filler food?

Replies

• lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    What is satiating for me may not be satisfying for you. Personally I get filled with a good amount of protein along with some fat and carbs. One of my favorite filling foods is a baked potato topped with chicken and sour cream and salsa.

You may just have to try some different food combos and see what works for you.
  • ginagurl79
    ginagurl79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    What is satiating for me may not be satisfying for you. Personally I get filled with a good amount of protein along with some fat and carbs. One of my favorite filling foods is a baked potato topped with chicken and sour cream and salsa.

Thank u, I eat fruit & eggs for breakfast but in between lunch ..I’m starving. Gotta figure this out
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    ginagurl79 wrote: »

Thank u, I eat fruit & eggs for breakfast but in between lunch ..I’m starving. Gotta figure this out

what are your stats? (height, how much did you want to lose, rate of lose selected)?

personally i can't last from breakfast to lunch on weekdays so i plan a mid day snack. these days it is an apple, almonds or jerky.

But also, maybe some carbs with breakfast would help you feel full. I eat a big portion of steel cut oats with berries most mornings.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    ginagurl79 wrote: »

what are your stats? (height, how much did you want to lose, rate of lose selected)?

personally i can't last from breakfast to lunch on weekdays so i plan a mid day snack. these days it is an apple, almonds or jerky.

But also, maybe some carbs with breakfast would help you feel full. I eat a big portion of steel cut oats with berries most mornings.

This ^^. We can better help you if we have these specifics. :)
  • ginagurl79
    Options
    Stats? Which information do u need? I’m sorry all new to this but I want to be successful!

Thanks
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    i indicated "stats" details in the brackets (height, how much did you want to lose, rate of lose selected). calorie goal would be useful as well.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    For me personally, no food feels like it 'fills me up'. That's how I got fat to start with.

Going away and doing something I need to concentrate on, however, is remarkably satiating.
  • Chaos_Angel
    Chaos_Angel Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    LOTS OF VEGGIES
    I EAT LIKE HALF A KG AT LEAST A DAY XD
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Cheese gives me incredible bang for the calorie buck. Costco sells a bag of Balderson's individually wrapped old cheddar that is only 90cal and tides me over very well.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    hroderick wrote: »
    For me, I'm not hungry in the morning and can't sleep hungry. What works is nothing before lunch and a bowl of rolled oats before bed. Those slow burning carbs help me sleep like a rock and last me until lunch. By lunch, I am pretty hungry.

On days I do eat breakfast, I'm hungry all day.

It takes a while to figure out how you vary from the conventional wisdom, but keep the calories accurate and under the red line and you'll do just fine.

For bulk without calories, try adding a lot of zucchini to scrambled eggs. I like the spiralized ones with eggs.

Same here.
  • Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Try drinking lots of water before you eat and after and a small snack of almonds or celery and peanut butter. Is it only in the mornings you feel unsatisfied?
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem the first couple of weeks. What helped for me was to make an oatmeal jar for first thing in the morning. Mine are 1/2 cup of oats, 2 tablespoons whole milk, 2/3 cup Greek vanilla yogurt (can’t stand it plain yet), and a cup of mixed berries. I ate about 1/4 of this within 30 minutes of waking up and the rest when I felt hungry. At four weeks in I am no longer struggling with being hungry all the time. Now I do either the oatmeal or eggs and a piece of multigrain bread, usually within an hour of getting up and I am fine until lunch. Your mileage may vary and I hope you find what works for you.
  • ginagurl79
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Okay let me just explain I’m staying as far away from carbs due to my diabetes.

Believe it or not I found a happy medium.

I wast my scrambled egg for my 730 breakfast. Then at 9- I eat my little thing of raspberries, blackberries, blueberries & grapes. Then at about 1030 I have my banana. I eat my hearty lunch (usually my healthy dinner from the night before - today I had chicken and cabbage yummy!) at 115 and I eat dinner at 530. Then I’m done and okay!

I do keep sunflower seeds ...to have something in my mouth....

But I’m so ecstatic on a fb group- I got a treadmill to pick up this weekend! I’m putting it in my bedroom and will be hauling but on it!!!! ♥️♥️♥️♥️

I appreciate the help u guys have been giving

1. I’m embarrassed of my weight-
    2. I’m 5’1
    3. I want to lose 50-60lbs in the next few months (I know totally crazy but big goals.... right?)

I work at a desk job but I’m a supervisor so I’m VERY busy‼️‼️
  • ginagurl79
    Options
    everjcjv wrote: »
    Try drinking lots of water before you eat and after and a small snack of almonds or celery and peanut butter. Is it only in the mornings you feel unsatisfied?
    I have found that I drink more water at home && because it’s cold! So now I’m putting my bottle in to be cold - because at work I’m so busy and it’s hot in there my water gets warm :(

I keep hearing about almonds- sounds yummy!
  • ginagurl79
    Options
    Protein is more filling. My go-to is apple cider vinegar. I drink 1 tablespoon (diluted with water) before every meal. It does wonders for controlling appetite. I’m actually going to get checked for diabetes so this helps me a lot in my case. It may not do much for someone who doesn’t have an insulin problem but may be worth a shot.

I am a Diabetic so lol on that‼️

Does the apple cider vinegar do anything else besides control appetite? I dont know if I can “drink” that
  • ginagurl79
    Options
    Cheese gives me incredible bang for the calorie buck. Costco sells a bag of Balderson's individually wrapped old cheddar that is only 90cal and tides me over very well.

I keep hearing cheese isn’t good for you 🥴😢

My friend took it out of her diet completely since Jan 1. She’s down 8lbs.

I gave up carbs, I gotta do 1 thing at a time lol!
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Well, you aren't going to lose 50-60 lbs in a few months unless you weigh like 350+ lbs. Your stats are important to know whether you are eating the right number of calories, so whether you are embarrassed of your current weight or not, it is important. These are the things we ask for so we can help you figure out why you are so hungry. I guess you don't have to tell us how much you weigh, but it is extremely helpful to know as a reference point.

Not knowing your current weight or how much you have to actually lose, or how how many lbs you set MFP to lose, I'm guessing you can probably eat more calories and feel more satisfied. I'm also guessing you set yourself up to lose 2 lbs. If you lower that to 1.5 lbs or 1 lb a week, you will get more calories, and feel more satisfied. It doesn't sound like you eat much at all.

• ginagurl79
    Options
    musicfan68 wrote: »
    Well, you aren't going to lose 50-60 lbs in a few months unless you weigh like 350+ lbs. Your stats are important to know whether you are eating the right number of calories, so whether you are embarrassed of your current weight or not, it is important. These are the things we ask for so we can help you figure out why you are so hungry. I guess you don't have to tell us how much you weigh, but it is extremely helpful to know as a reference point.

Not knowing your current weight or how much you have to actually lose, or how how many lbs you set MFP to lose, I'm guessing you can probably eat more calories and feel more satisfied. I'm also guessing you set yourself up to lose 2 lbs. If you lower that to 1.5 lbs or 1 lb a week, you will get more calories, and feel more satisfied. It doesn't sound like you eat much at all.

This weekend I am getting a treadmill which I will have more activity! I’m also in a biggest losers now at work-

I took a snap shot, it this what u wanted?