hi all....

Options
Hi, I'm stacey (gizmog13) I am new to the site and am just trying to make sence of it all. I would appreciate any pointers on fast weight loss.

Nice to meet you all.

Replies

• sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    Options
    There is no such thing as FAST weight loss. FAST only guarantees you'll gain it all back. Only a change in lifestyle will work in the long term.
  • tnc9424
    tnc9424 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Good luck on your journey! Add me if you would like. I will help anyway I can :)
  • melymj4
    melymj4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as FAST weight loss. FAST only guarantees you'll gain it all back. Only a change in lifestyle will work in the long term.

True!! slow and steady wins the race :)
    Just have patience and keep working hard at it.
  • jpburcham
    jpburcham Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Agreed. weight control is so much like a marathon, not a sprint.

Momentum = Consistant behavior over Time.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    People who are new to the site often find lots of useful information in the "Search" tab. Its a quick way to get answers.
  • gizmog13
    gizmog13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. Great tips. I can get impatient. Lol.
  • islandfrost
    Options
    Hi - I'm new too as of last night. Trying to go through it all and figure out where things are that I'm looking for. Nice to meet you and hope we have success and support!!
  • bookieno1
    bookieno1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I joined on the 5th of August, but got side tracked with life and am back to stay now! Everyone is correct, only slow and steady will get it off and keep it off. And, some form of excerise will help. My grandkids got me a Wii Fit for my 60th birthday and it is fun so I don't even think of it as excerise. Good luck and we can all do this together!:flowerforyou:
  • gizmog13
    gizmog13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would also like to ask:- I am just about to start day 3 and seem to go over my nutrition allowance, any 1 have any advice? Am I just eating the wrong kind of food. I have been so focused on hitting my cals and doing exercise that I forgot about the nutrition.
    Thanks for help in advance.
    Gizmog13
  • schneekle
    Options
    Thanks all. Great tips. I can get impatient. Lol.

That''s an understatement!

(I'm Gizmog13's better half by the way, I've also just started MFP...)