Sensitive skin when sweating?

Options
Okay odd question maybe, maybe not. I’m prone to eczema however haven’t had a flare up in a long while. However now as soon as I hear up and start sweating the skin on my face starts to burn. Now it’s just read and splotchy which I’m not to happy about lol.

Anyone else deal with this? Just wanted to see if anyone had a remedy for it.

Thanks in advance!!!

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    My own sweat seems to make me itchy.

If I do something where I sweat a lot, I have to take a shower and change into cool clothes.

At the very least, if a shower is not available, I need to wash my face, and sponge myself off with wet paper towels or something.

And if even that is not available baby wipes (or other similar wipes - there are lots on the market these days) can help.

I find that avoiding most makeup and sunscreen helps a bit ... yes, avoiding sunscreen! I've found one or two kinds which are not too bad, but most make matters much worse. I end up with horrible rashes and painful, itchy blotches everywhere.
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I don’t wear makeup except for mascara, and I don’t wear sunscreen because I break out in hives with it....I always shower afterwards and change. I just hate starting a workout and the second I’m warm my face is like oh hey there I’m just gonna burn your skin off lol.

I’m hoping to find something to cool it or make it hurt less while I’m actually working out. I don’t even wear tees because the neck part will bother my skin. :s
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have super sensitive skin. Washing as soon as I'm done and using a mineral based, fragrance free sunscreen helps. Avoiding sunscreen entirely isn't good for me because a gentle sunscreen seems to give me a little bit of a buffer between my skin and the sweat. Mineral sunscreen active ingredients are zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, prepare to turn ghostly white.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Can you do swimming as exercise? I imagine the water constantly washing away any sweat from your skin would help unless you are sensitive to pool chemicals, then not so much.
  • FitGamerSmoak
    Options
    Can you do swimming as exercise? I imagine the water constantly washing away any sweat from your skin would help unless you are sensitive to pool chemicals, then not so much.

I’m a terrible swimmer but I guess a little practice can’t hurt right?!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    If you are a bad swimmer try water walking/jogging or aqua fit.

Really helps keep you cool while getting a good cardio workout.

(Great for menopausal hot flashes too)

Cheers, h.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    craziedani wrote: »

Perhaps it’s time to take a swimming class to improve or try water aerobics :) at least you can stay cool in the pool B)
  • FitGamerSmoak
    Options
    craziedani wrote: »

Perhaps it’s time to take a swimming class to improve or try water aerobics :) at least you can stay cool in the pool B)

I could take swimming lessons with my 5 year old lol. But true it is cool and relaxing. I think this might be my next adventure.