What Are Some Foods You Refuse to Eat Non/reduced Fat

Options
FireRox21
FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
edited January 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I refuse to eat fat free or low fat mayonaise, any type of cheese, ice cream and salad dressing. Those are my cheat foods. I still measure out quantity, grams, calories, etc. But I just can't deny myself those foods.

Replies

• FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Some nonfat foods taste absolutely horrible. Light sour cream is okay.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I would say that most foods I eat are not low-fat. I do use the olive oil mayonnaise cause I really like it and it happens to be lower fat. I also eat a non-fat Greek yogurt. I actually have a better disposition when I consume a decent amount of fat.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I love fat. It's just so rich and wonderful, in all its forms. Unfortunate because it's dense with calories and I need a carb heavy diet. But I just enjoy fat so much.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and cheese. I would rather eat real full fat, 360 calories per measly 1/2 cup ice cream every 3 months than reduced fat ice cream every night. That is why i rarely eat it. The good stuff doesn't fit in my calorie budget most of the time. And when I do eat it, I must have one cup. That is 700+ calories.

I will drink low-fat milk and eat low fat yogurt though.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Cheese, mayo.
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Cheese and milk.
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Yoghurt, cheese and milk. I remember comparing low-fat yoghurt with full fat and was horrified to see the sugar content in the low-fat. Never again!

Skim milk is water and cheese....don't you touch my full fat of awesomeness cheese!

I do prefer low-fat fresh ricotta - tastes better and much nicer to cook witj...but that's the only exception I have to full fat cheese
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am fine with reduced fat mayo, milk, yoghurt, ice cream, salad dressing.

The only thing I really wont change is cheese - I have a type of cheese I love (colby) and I just count the calories and eat the one I prefer.

Actually my favourite yoghurt is not low fat either - but I will eat low fat ones too.

High five to another colby-loving cheese fan! We rock!
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese, skim milk, fake ( anything other than full fat/full taste) Monterey Jack cheese. There are others, but those pretty much top my list.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options

I don't generally buy lowfat/reduced fat, besides yogurt and sometimes reduced fat kettle chips(usually it's an error because packaging can look identical). For yogurt, it can only be Stonyfield Organic Strawberry.... I can be very picky.

I just weigh out my portions of everything, so my focus is on what fits, and having higher fat doesn't bother me, so I don't tend to try many lowfat things(lowfat is not lowcal, unfortunately).

Lowfat mayo does sound unreal 🤢
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Interestingly I think I see far few low fat, and almost no zero fat, products here in Sweden than I would in either UK or US supermarkets. Despite people here generally being very health/weight conscious.

I just did completely unscientific search and a supermarket chain here had 17 "Mayo" products of which on one was light (others included vegan, organic, egg free ect.). A quick look on Tesco in the UK had 45 Mayo products of which 17 were light. It may just reflect less choice in a smaller country.

You do get a range of low fat dairy here but the only low fat cheese I've seen is either Cream Cheese or Cottage Cheese.

Personally I usually go for lower fat dairy. My morning natural yogurt is 0.5% fat and comes in at 40 kcals per 100ml. Greek natural yogurt is 6% and is 85 Kcals per 100ml so I can have twice as much of the low fat one.

The greek tastes creamier for sure but I usually eat it with a scoop of whey, frozen berries and, depending on my macros that week, some oats. That means I can't taste the difference with that lot in it.

I usually don't mind things were they've just taken out some fat. Like skimmed milk or low fat cottage cheese.