What Are Some Foods You Refuse to Eat Non/reduced Fat

Options

Replies

• megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I won't eat margarine, butter only, but even that sparinly. I like less processed foods for the most part.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Cheese, milk, half-n-half (yes, they do make fat-free half-n-half), mayo, and butter. I just use less.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Low fat cheeses and non fat milk- one exception being non fat milk steamed and frothed in a latte.
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Full fat cottage cheese always....mainly because there is no such thing as good tasting 0% cottage cheese. I can not say the same about greek yogurt though (plenty of good zero fat greek yogurts, even plain flavored!)

Zero fat cheese =/= real food...doesn't even know how to melt correctly (it's a chemical abomination & a poor excuse for "food")

Interesting, I like the reduced fat or low fat cottage cheese. Non fat, I think would be gross.
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I refuse to use low fat margarine. It does not melt in to toast; it soggifies toast.

100% this

It also doesn't have much taste. I can use a smaller portion of real butter and have full butter flavor for the same or less calories.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Full fat cottage cheese always....mainly because there is no such thing as good tasting 0% cottage cheese. I can not say the same about greek yogurt though (plenty of good zero fat greek yogurts, even plain flavored!)

Zero fat cheese =/= real food...doesn't even know how to melt correctly (it's a chemical abomination & a poor excuse for "food")

Interesting, I like the reduced fat or low fat cottage cheese. Non fat, I think would be gross.

Me too. I'm currently doing a diet experiment where I'm consuming only full fat dairy, but I really don't have a preference for full fat cottage cheese vs. 1 or 2%. I never buy 0%. I also like 0% or 1 or 2% greek yogurt just fine. (And no, there's no sugar added to plain lowfat yogurt as someone suggested upthread. That's a claim that gets made but is not true.)

I would not buy lowfat cheese or ice cream.

I definitely would not buy lowfat mayo, because mayo should be mayo -- I don't really like mayo, admittedly, and typically make it if I use it.

I make my salad dressings and often make a lower fat version by using more vinegar and less oil or using vinegar + mustard (although I usually do use a little oil).

Can't think of any other products I get that come in a lowfat version. (I will buy leaner cuts of meat.)
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I don't like non fat or low fat cheeses, with the exception of low fat cottage cheese and ricotta cheese. I use reduced fat milk and sour cream. I'm not a yogurt fan but if I do eat it it's usually a non fat Greek variety. I use butter not margarine. And reduced fat peanut butter is just wrong.
  • sivyaleah
    sivyaleah Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I prefer full fat for everything, however dairy in general is ok lower fat other than cheese (I don't consider cottage cheese in that category). Lowfat cheese is an abomination. I'd rather have less of it, than low fat.

I dislike all forms of fake sugars, even the ones created from natural forms (such as Truvia) so I'd rather do without or eat less of food items like ice cream that contain them.

Can not tolerate low fat mayo or dressings either. Again, less of the real thing is better than.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I don't mind most reduced fat dairy products. Not a fan of non-fat unless it's yogurt. Probably the only thing I won't touch is low fat ice cream. Not for me.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I choose to reduce my consumption rather than switch to a lower fat version of most things.
    I don't know that I would refuse to eat something at all just because it was reduced fat.
    There are a couple of salad dressings that are lower calorie and I assume lower fat that are tasty.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Cheese and sour cream. Fat free cheese is just sadness, and the organic reduced fat sour cream at Whole Foods tastes gritty to me. It's not worth saving the measly 20 calories.
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Low fat creamy dressing, creamy soups, and sour cream are a no from me. Now I just use plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, but all other low/non fat alternatives are fine to me.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese has a nasty texture in my opinion. Other than that I don't mind a lot of light stuff, and it can vary across brands too. Fage 0 tastes like nothing, but the Open Nature same is pretty good.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid all low fat anything. Good food fat is not the enemy. It can't be avoided with some things (like shredded mozzarella), but I try not to get anything that says low fat.
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, most packaged foods. I tried reduced fat Doritos once, they had absolutely no flavor and picking them over regular Doritos saved less than 50 calories. Not worth it. I will eat reduced fat cheese if it's getting melted into soup or chili but not in a sandwich.
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I choose to reduce my consumption rather than switch to a lower fat version of most things.
    I don't know that I would refuse to eat something at all just because it was reduced fat.
    There are a couple of salad dressings that are lower calorie and I assume lower fat that are tasty.

I'm with you on this.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Everything on my Thanksgiving table. It's one day and it will be full fat, full flavor.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Reduced fat grated parmesan cheese tasted like sawdust to me. I eat the regular.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    I try to avoid all low fat anything. Good food fat is not the enemy. It can't be avoided with some things (like shredded mozzarella), but I try not to get anything that says low fat.

It's the taste for me. I don't mind fats at all, but the low fat monterey jack I bought tasted like...nothing lol, and the others...well, I love to taste and enjoy my food, a bit too much sometimes. :D