What Are Some Foods You Refuse to Eat Non/reduced Fat

Options

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Low or no fat cheese is nasty. Has the taste and melting properties of plastic.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Low or no fat cheese is nasty. Has the taste and melting properties of plastic.
    True story: My ex made me a grilled cheese and didn't remove the plastic from the slice of cheese. She swears it wasn't on purpose. :D
  • StephanieBrocious
    StephanieBrocious Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Milk and cheese. For one reduced/non fat milk and cheese taste terrible, as do most reduced/non fat anything goes. For two, I learned some time ago that all you're really doing by eliminating the fat is getting rid of the good fat and bacteria that your body needs. Moderation is the key :smile:
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    butter
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    butter

Lol.

giphy.gif

Pretty much anything except skim milk doesn't taste very good lowfat. Cheese is especially gross.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    i dont have a problem with low fat foods, but low/no sugar foods are ick. My worst is sugar free maple syrup. its 15 calories of nasty
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    sivyaleah wrote: »
    Can not tolerate low fat mayo or dressings either. Again, less of the real thing is better than.

Low fat dressing can just be using less oil when you make it, though, if it's something like a vinaigrette. To me, it still tastes perfectly good.

I'm picky about cheese, and wouldn't eat it vs. eating some low fat option, however.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I don't mind most low fat foods that I can think of, but won't eat nonfat (other than yogurt). I also still use butter but very small amounts now, especially since my husband had his heart attack.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Low fat mayo, dressings, 2% milk, cream cheese, sour cream, all good. Lowfat cheese, like many have said - Life is too short for that rubbery-non melting junk. I don't do anything that is fat free, unless it's naturally that way.
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    In a rush at the grocery and grabbed a box of wheat thins--they are reduced fat? What? Didn't even realize that there's a noticable amount of fat in wheat thins. Anyway, I assume that they taste the same (hopefully) and it is just a marketing gimmick
  • _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_
    _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_ Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Fat free cream cheese. Tastes like Crisco.

I don't mind the Neufchatel version, though.
  • letthetrexout
    letthetrexout Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I won't eat fat free dairy. The A & D vitamins it's fortified with are fat soluble and won't be absorbed without a little fat. Also, it just tastes better.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Reduced fat peanut butter is awful - they add sugar to try to make it taste okay but sweet is not a good taste for peanut butter. Reduced fat cheese is an abomination. I find some reduced fat mayo, salad dressing, sour cream okay but the non-fat versions are either too sweet (added sugar again) or have the texture of cornstarch - yech.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    I don't care for low fat (or reduced sugar) ice cream *at all* If I have butter, it's the unsalted, full glory kind & the same with cheese except for mozzarella which I can deal with when it's "partial skim." Tho the full fat fresh mozzarella is the only kind for bruschetta. I do eat 2% fage yogurt, make kefir from 2% milk from a local dairy, and eat "light" (NOT the "low fat" which is nasty) hellmans mayo.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I’m generally ok with low fat (and some fat free) versions of things that don’t have a funky taste. Like fat free yogurt is fine for me. Fat free sour cream and salad dressings are not. Other things depend a bit on the brand/product specifics and what I’m doing with it. I’m considerably more flexible than many though. As long as it doesn’t have a weird tangy/bitey taste/aftertaste, I’m usually ok with it.
  • MolesterStallone
    MolesterStallone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Milk is my no go, I refuse to use skimmed or low-fat(reminds me of milk flavoured water). I don't have huge glasses of it, usually only to add to tea or to make hot chocolate/ovaltine/horlicks with so I'd rather buy whole milk and use less. Outside of that, I don't think there's anything else I wouldn't eat a lower fat version of.
  • jillstoner1977
    jillstoner1977 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    koshkasmum wrote: »
    Reduced fat peanut butter is awful - they add sugar to try to make it taste okay but sweet is not a good taste for peanut butter. Reduced fat cheese is an abomination. I find some reduced fat mayo, salad dressing, sour cream okay but the non-fat versions are either too sweet (added sugar again) or have the texture of cornstarch - yech.

YES!!! If it is a food that is pretty much all natural fat, I will not replace it. Pre-packaged foods are ok, but peanut butter, butter and cheese are definitely non-replaceable in my book!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    The only thing low fat that I do is dairy (not cheese), yogurt, and salad dressing because if I'm eating salad it usually means I have a calorie bomb coming later in the day and I'm just saving for it.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Cheese, milk, half-n-half (yes, they do make fat-free half-n-half), mayo, and butter. I just use less.

I always wonder "WTH is the other half?"
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Cheese, milk, half-n-half (yes, they do make fat-free half-n-half), mayo, and butter. I just use less.

I always wonder "WTH is the other half?"

I've seen it in the store but I've never actually bothered looking to see what they replaced the fat with...