Tracking whilst pregnant

Options
Hello everyone I wonder if you can help me. I’m 8 weeks pregnant with my second baby and want to avoid the 3 stone weight gain I did with my first. Especially after losing it all. There isn’t an option to say im pregnant etc so wondering how to calculate calories etc thank you for your help

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby! Only thing I could think of is to eat at maintenance to start, and maybe talk to your ob/gyn about any concerns of too much weight gain. Maybe they might have some info.
  • BMsJourney
    BMsJourney Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby! Only thing I could think of is to eat at maintenance to start, and maybe talk to your ob/gyn about any concerns of too much weight gain. Maybe they might have some info.

^This! :) Especially about talking to the ob/gyn. There's no reason not to track while pregnant, but I would set a kcal level for maintenance, preferrably one recommended by a health professional
  • Ready2Succeed2019
    Ready2Succeed2019 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I tracked during my first pregnancy. I stuck to maintain and my midwife said it was fine as long as I didn't go below and ate the right foods.
    I actually didnt put on any weight at all (piled it on in the 2 years after) and baby was healthy and a nice weight.