Freezer to crock pot??

Options
HELP! On Aug. 29th I'm going to be working 8 hours a day and going to school at night 2 nights a week. I need help finding recipes that easily go from the freezer to the crock pot in the morning. I will only have an hour between work and school to eat and drive to either so I need something that will be done by the time I get home and can eat quickly before getting to class.

I figure soups and things are an easy choice, anyone have any other ideas?? TIA!!

Replies

• LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Throw frozen chicken breasts in a crock pot with some salsa. When you get home, stir it all up to break the breasts up in to shredded pieces, add some golden corn and some fat free sour cream (or not). Put the chicken stuff in a tortilla shell and eat. It's also good cold for a lunch. :tongue:
  • DanaLynnMN
    DanaLynnMN Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I just started using the Better Homes & Garden Slow Cooker Favorites made Healthy cookbook.
    There are LOTs of good recipes!

I make a big batch of something then divide up into individual portions and freeze. On those nights when I can't cook, I pull out a serving from the freezer and pop it in the microwave.

Also....do a search for Mexican Crockpot Creamy Chicken!! It's AMAZING!!! I put the chicken in frozen and throw all other ingredients on top. Takes 5 minutes to throw together....let it cook all day....come home to a great tasting dinner.
  • BelindaBuzz
    Options
    That sounds awesome! I will have to do that. Another thing that I do is cook on the weekend. I am a teacher and I just finished my Masters so I get how time is of the essence. Another great recipe is chicken sausage, pasta sauce that is low in sugar, green peppers and onions. Add garlic and sweet basil! Eat on Lavash bread and serve with a fruit and veggie that only take a couple minutes to cook up!
  • Whopooh
    Whopooh Posts: 50
    Options
    I really like food blogs for new recipes and suggestions. All recipes.com has a great section on crock pot meals. Good luck.
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Crock pot meatloaf.
    Using your choice of meat (full fat or reduced or turkey or whatever)
    Use seasoning (I use one egg, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder, salt and pepper)
    Mix it , form it and pour it in the crock pot (using a liner is really recommended)
    Pour some tomato sauce over it and into the bottom.
    Cook on LOW all day.

The great thing about this is you can have sandwiches as leftovers.

Another great one especially when the fall weather kicks in is Chili

I didn't believe this until someone showed me.

She threw seasoned EXTRA LEAN ground beef in her crock pot with all the ingredients for chili and let it cook all day and then gave it a few stirs and it was done. No need to pre cook the beef WOW.

Another one LOL

Frozen boneless chicken breasts or thighs
    can of reduced fat cream of mushroom soup

Season the frozen chicken throw it in and pour the soup on top.
    Then pour 1/2 can of water over that.
    Cook all day on LOW and serve over rice or mashed cauliflower ..yum
  • ladymare
    Options
    you all are sooo awesome! Thank you to everyone!! This will definitely help!
  • drohde12
    drohde12 Posts: 22
    Options
    crockpot365.blogspot.com

That lady can make ANYTHING in her crockpot. Seriously. I have tried so many of her recipes and I love them all. You will never get bored with her ideas.
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Its kind a of a "duh" thing, but something Ive started doing with my crock pot is putting everything together in the crock THE NIGHT BEFORE and keep the whole thing (crock insert with lid on) in the refrigerator, so all I have to do the next morning is transfer the crock to the heating element and turn it on... it heats up at a slow rate so it wont crack your pot, and its a HUGE time saver me... Never though about doing it that way until a month ago... Duh!! Lol
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    less--that sounds GREAT!! and i just bought some chicken breasts..YAY!!
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am also interested in crock pot recipes.
  • mricher
    mricher Posts: 8
    Options
    Chicken Stroganoff

1 lb frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast
    1 can 98 % fat free cream of mushroom soup
    16 oz. fat free sour cream
    1 envelope dry onion soup mix

Place frozen breasts in bottom of crockpot. Mix other ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 7 hours.

It is delicious and super easy!
  • Ivymarie75
    Ivymarie75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • JaelynSmith89
    Options
    Throw frozen chicken breasts in a crock pot with some salsa. When you get home, stir it all up to break the breasts up in to shredded pieces, add some golden corn and some fat free sour cream (or not). Put the chicken stuff in a tortilla shell and eat. It's also good cold for a lunch. :tongue:
    MMMmmmm I think I will make that tomorrow :happy:
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    crockpot365.blogspot.com

That lady can make ANYTHING in her crockpot. Seriously. I have tried so many of her recipes and I love them all. You will never get bored with her ideas.

I love, LOVE that site! That lady is AWESOME!

One thing that I do is plan my meals out for the week and do a BUNCH of cooking on my days off so during the week all we have to do is heat up leftovers. This works out really well for the days that the kids have loads of homework and I am dying to get my workout in, than i'm not stuck in the kitchen cooking.

Hungry Girl also has some great crock pot recipes that are relatively easy to throw together. :)