What Are Some Foods You Refuse to Eat Non/reduced Fat

Options

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Milk. I'd rather drink less of it that drink more skim.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Fatty_Nuff wrote: »
    Turkey pepperoni. Bought it once, never again. Cardboard has more flavor.

This is how I feel about Turkey Bacon... I can do just about any other form of turkey, but this... is unnatural.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Milk. I'd rather drink less of it that drink more skim.

Yup! I can't drink blue milk... :D
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    The first time I really dieted, my goals were 1200 calories a day and 20 grams of fat. It was the early 2000's and everyone thought fat was the worse thing - even healthy fats like olive oil and avocados. I ate turkey bacon/pepperoni then and it was kind of ok but when I gave up on going that low on fat I never looked back at either of those. I'm good with turkey sausage and even ground turkey in recipes that have enough seasoning to mask the lack of flavor in the meat.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,393 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    It's funny, I vastly prefer full fat sour cream and yogurt, but my day to day cheese is reduced fat. It still melts fine, texture is okay, tastes like cheese. Now fat-free cheese is an abomination. I do use full fat parmesan (and not from the green shaker, people!) routinely. I use half and half (real) and don't really drink milk anymore. We use Jif or Skippy "natural" PB in my house. Copious amounts of it. I like that it tastes almost exactly like the stir in oil PB, without the mess of stir in oil
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    The only fat free food I will eat is greek yogurt. Full fat is just to rich
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Ranch dressing, it just tastes so different from what I am expecting.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    If I am going to eat or drink something plain, full fat / the real stuff.
    If I am going to mix with something else and that something else will provide the taste / flavour, calories are king and I go for the lowest possible.

Yes that is a good point.

I eat cheese as a stand alone product so it matters that it is the one I like.

anything with sour cream or mayo or milk it is added to something else, not a product I eat on its own - so the difference in taste isnt noticeable anyway.

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I don't mind midium fat things like semi skimmed milk, low fat mayo (the very low fat is disgusting), low fat yoghurt but not the fat free.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Full fat cottage cheese always....mainly because there is no such thing as good tasting 0% cottage cheese. I can not say the same about greek yogurt though (plenty of good zero fat greek yogurts, even plain flavored!)

Zero fat cheese =/= real food...doesn't even know how to melt correctly (it's a chemical abomination & a poor excuse for "food")

Interesting, I like the reduced fat or low fat cottage cheese. Non fat, I think would be gross.

I'll buy Cabot's full fat cottage cheese when the store is out of fat-free and really don't notice a different in the taste.

I won't buy low fat hard cheese or mayo.
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Anything. Milk, cheese, ice cream. Low fat dairy is the devil.
  • teslac0ils
    teslac0ils Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Processed meats... turkey bacon is nasty and low fat sausage tastes like smoked salty nothing.
    I try to limit those kind of foods in my diet anyway, so if i'm going to indulge in bacon or bratwurst maybe 4-5 times a year, I'm going to have the real good stuff.
  • merekins
    merekins Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I want the real thing! Whole fat everything!!!
  • walkingfit2016
    walkingfit2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    skim milk,cottage cheese.I like reduced fat cheese shreds but no fat free cheese.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I wont do reduced fat nut butters either. Nut fats are very good for you.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I don’t do low fat anything. It’s almost always processed with extra sugar added.
  • Ohiogirlatheart
    Ohiogirlatheart Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Half-n-half!!!!
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I don't mind 2% or even 1% cheese, but fat free cheese is just wrong. I can definitely tell the difference with light and nonfat sour creams but for some reason don't mind those.