? - How do you calculate/enter calorie intake for a homemade

Options
For instance... I'm going to have a salad tonight with my Seared Tuna.

The ingredients will be as follows:
* Spinach Leaves (from a bag)
* White Onion (diced)
* Home grown Tomato (diced)
* Carrots (shredded)
* Cucumber (cubed)
* Maybe a very small pinch of shredded cheese
* Maybe No Dressing or a small amount of Lite Italian Dressing

It's SUCH A PAIN IN THE ... to have to enter each individual item just for the cumulative amount of calories a salad will make up...

Does anyone else find this extremely annoying? :grumble:
Has anyone come up with a brilliant idea on how to "quickly and accurately" post these calories?

And for future usage as well, I want to be able to post the same thing but with modification, like if I add corn or fruits etc to the salad as well...

(I know, I sound high maintenance don't I? LOL)

Thanks so much to anyone that can really help me with this dilemma... :flowerforyou:

Replies

• strongissexy1
    Options
    you can log a recipe. and then save it.
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Save it as a meal for next time.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I usually look for the closest thing in the food database. My knowledge at this point is good enough to help me pick a good alternative..

If it's something you eat regularly, save it under your foods.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Me!!

I just do what you do, enter the recipe ingredient by ingredient. I believe you can edit recipes once they are in there. I am going to go check now, but I don't know if you can save the modifications as a new recipe or you save over the old recipe.
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I created a recipe for my basic salad including dressing. I just add whatever protein or cheese, depending on what the final version is.
  • heatherhicksfakih
    heatherhicksfakih Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Once you save it once it is always there. That way, you don't have to do it each and every time. Some times you add a generic salad and use that. If you just type in salad or spinch it should give you just the numbers for the amount you need. So basically, save it once or enter it each time lol. Hope you have better luck.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I just checked, if you edit the recipe with modifications, it saves over the old recipe even if you change the name.
  • lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    what I do (bc I'm lazy) is just type in like "spinac h salad" and pick the one that is closest in cals. You're probably talking about 50 cals of veggies, 30 cals of cheese, 30 cals of lite vinagrette... find a salad for around 110....I'm not typing "onion" 5 cals, tomato 6 cals cucumber 12 etc... pssshhh!
  • pleasepleaseno
    pleasepleaseno Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Go to food then theres a little tab that says recipes and you can put everything you put in it and how many serving it makes. save it and next time you want to log it, itll be under recipes :)
  • ccvalentine
    Options
    Thanks so much for the posts everyone... I really appreciate the help!