Cheatin on Intermittent Fasting???

Ok so I got hungry and ate outside my 8 hour window but ate inside 12 hours. I'm just wondering will I be ok from this or did this mess me up?

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Here is a better question for you...does your body know what time it is right now? I mean, let's say Daylight Savings Time went into effect RIGHT NOW and you ate a meal...does your body get screwed up because it thinks it's an hour ago or does it think it's an hour from now and OMG noooooooooooo how can we resolve this? Seriously though. Getting your calorie balance out of whack is the only thing that's gonna mess you up, regardless of if that occurs in an 8 hour window or a 12 hour window or all day or all week or all year.
  • jman16165
    jman16165 Posts: 14 Member
    Also, just to clarify, I wanted to make sure I didnt mess up my weight loss goals. I was trying to train my body.
  • thepainmaker88
    thepainmaker88 Posts: 365 Member
    LOL I love that chart saying "how it works" finally something to show people what's really going on here
  • BeGrandLike
    BeGrandLike Posts: 184 Member
    Are you new to IF?

Cause, okay, IF can totally help maintain a calorie deficit for lots of people.

If you're new to it, though, your body may be having a really difficult time not getting food when it "expects" to.

A lot of people find easing their way into IF is way more sustainable than just jumping in 10, say, 16:8 straight away.

If that's you, then I'd recommend:

Work out your calorie budget and stick to it from the start. Start off with a 12:12 window. Once you feel good on that, go to 11:13. A few days on that and go to 10:14. And so on, giving yourself 2-3 weeks to get to the 8:10 window.

As long as you're keeping in your calorie budget, you'll still be losing weight. And letting your body adjust more gently to the restricted eating window will help you to stick to that.

and also, again, always: never beat yourself up if you go outside your time or over your budget! Just log it and keep on goin'. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    edited January 2019
    AoifeFitzy wrote: »
    Are you new to IF?

Cause, okay, IF can totally help maintain a calorie deficit for lots of people.

If you're new to it, though, your body may be having a really difficult time not getting food when it "expects" to.

A lot of people find easing their way into IF is way more sustainable than just jumping in 10, say, 16:8 straight away.

If that's you, then I'd recommend:

Work out your calorie budget and stick to it from the start. Start off with a 12:12 window. Once you feel good on that, go to 11:13. A few days on that and go to 10:14. And so on, giving yourself 2-3 weeks to get to the 8:10 window.

As long as you're keeping in your calorie budget, you'll still be losing weight. And letting your body adjust more gently to the restricted eating window will help you to stick to that.

and also, again, always: never beat yourself up if you go outside your time or over your budget! Just log it and keep on goin'. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

That is what I did...I eased into it, I started with a 13:10 then did an 16:8 now I tend to do more of an 18:6 most days. The thing is though I still feel hungry leading up to my feeding window I just ignore, push thru it, etc. I tell myself that I will not die if I wait to eat and that usually calms my mind.
  • Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    How ironic that intermittent fasting is really just about creating a calorie deficit. But book writers have laughed all the way to the bank with the 5:2 diet, the 8 hour diet, the 5 hour diet, the every other day diet, and now the fast 800 diet. smh.