Cheatin on Intermittent Fasting???

Options

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Daily IF is a pretend IF. In reality, you're living a life and trying to eat within a calorie budget. Calling it IF is like calling it diurnal. It's meaningless.

When you eat outside your imaginary window, the only question to ask of yourself is, "Am I within my budget?"

We all find an eating schedule that seems to work best for each of us. Own it proudly. Don't bother trying to adjust your schedule to fit someone else's doctrine.

That said, I do recognize that many people cannot stop once they start eating. That's sugar addiction. That's a much bigger problem than a 24-hour clock.

Um, no, that's liking food a bit too much. All food. People don't just binge on sugar. ;)

I was going to say...

Back in the day (and occasionally still) I will eat a slice of some delicious type of cheese I bought and then have more and more and end up eating over my calories (or back in the day, just eating all of it). Is that sugar addiction? Sugar is pretty darn powerful to be able to make me eat all that cheese.

I've also done that with nuts at times.

And plenty of other very tasty foods that had little to no sugar.

Nuts. I can hoover down an entire canister without taking a breath. Peanut butter too, no sugar added even :wink:
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Potato chips were my Kryptonite. Took me a long time to be able to moderate those puppies.

I love chips too...sometimes it is just the whole thing around it...sitting on the couch watching garbage tv, stuffing myself with chips/chocolate, etc. Sometimes so much more enjoyable than going to the gym!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Daily IF is a pretend IF. In reality, you're living a life and trying to eat within a calorie budget. Calling it IF is like calling it diurnal. It's meaningless.

When you eat outside your imaginary window, the only question to ask of yourself is, "Am I within my budget?"

We all find an eating schedule that seems to work best for each of us. Own it proudly. Don't bother trying to adjust your schedule to fit someone else's doctrine.

That said, I do recognize that many people cannot stop once they start eating. That's sugar addiction. That's a much bigger problem than a 24-hour clock.

Um, no, that's liking food a bit too much. All food. People don't just binge on sugar. ;)

I was going to say...

Back in the day (and occasionally still) I will eat a slice of some delicious type of cheese I bought and then have more and more and end up eating over my calories (or back in the day, just eating all of it). Is that sugar addiction? Sugar is pretty darn powerful to be able to make me eat all that cheese.

I've also done that with nuts at times.

And plenty of other very tasty foods that had little to no sugar.

Nuts. I can hoover down an entire canister without taking a breath. Peanut butter too, no sugar added even :wink:

My weakness as well.
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    merekins wrote: »
    Will it be ok?
    The sun will continue to rise.
    No one is coming to get you.
    It won’t poison your body.
    Yes, it will be ok. Will it hurt your progress? Only if you decide to give up.
    We need to stop this all or nothing mentality. Mistakes happen and yours is literally just eating during a specific time...not even going over calorie goal. Don’t let the need to be perfect keep you from your goal.

Yep...all or nothing thinking is how I gained weight!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    Just eat in a calorie deficit with reasonably balanced nutrition using whatever method or no particular method, that works for you.

No need to super charged by IF or any other imaginary magic.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Hate to break it to you, but your body cleans house all the time. Fasting has nothing to do with it. Removing old/damaged cells and making room for new healthy tissue isn't part of normal biology.

Corrected what I said above. Probably shouldn't type late at night.