Ladies Keeping your chest tight?

Options
2»

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    You have already received a lot of similar comments to mine, but just chiming in that I didn't see all that big of a change with loss of almost 140 pounds. I just went from 42F to 36DD! Even though I went from pant size 26 to 10. They were a little bit saggy before and now they're slightly smaller but I really don't think they're any saggier. For reference, I lost the weight between ages 31-37 and I am now 42.

When I was around 280 lb and up, I had such large "back fat" it was almost like another set of breasts on my back, beneath my bra line (ugh)...and that disappeared completely with no remaining loose skin. It's kind of crazy how little my breasts changed compared to my back (totally different type of tissue and everything but still nuts to me). It's like from the front I have the same chest but with someone else's "skinny" back!?

I went from 307 lb/42F to 168 lb/36DD. A friend of mine went from 250 lb/44D to 180 lb/34B bra. So it's definitely an individual thing!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    urgh. i have to say this has been one of the worst for me. Recently lost 40lbs but previously lost 100lbs.

my boobs are terrible. just saggy skin :P for miles. i do need to work on muscle building soon.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Hmpf... never had really big breasts but would have preferred a cute A-cup all my life. Lots of weak tissue there as well thus I thought losing weight would help. 40lbs less and my breasts have barely changed. Oh well...
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    firef1y72 wrote: »
    Anything that works your pectoralis major are the way to go. Bench press, flys, push ups etc. Also, a helpful tip I was given was to build up your shoulders as well. Developed shoulders contribute to an hourglass silhouette and are some of the easiest muscles to grow.

Sorry just having a little chuckle with the pecs bit I used to have boobs, huge boobs like a 48FF. I now have nothing after losing weight, like I struggle to fill an A cup. But thanks to my 2 hour weekly chest/ back workout I do have pecs. My partner and I often joke that my pecs are bigger than my boobs

Mine are too!
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Your boobs are not muscles so no exercise is going to help. If you lose substantial fat from there they will change shape.

You can build pecs, but pecs don't look like boobs and they don't really fit up the same area of skin. Although they do give you a little bit of boost. After a 125 lb weight loss I went from 44 E to 36 C - I have pretty good pecs now, but they don't stop my boobs from sagging. However my boobs were pretty heavy to start with, too many years riding horses before they invented sports bras.

Probably the easiest way to build pecs is the old classic, push-ups. No weights necessary and you can do them anywhere.

This exactly. Mine are only A cups and they still sag, I've had three children that I'm sure helped contribute to this. But I do have nice pecs thanks to push ups and benches.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    If you have large breasts with a fair amount of fat (vs. mammary tissue), when you lose weight and the fat comes off the breasts, they will look deflated and saggy. There may be some skin tightening that happens and a slight "betterment" aesthetically as time goes on, but you kind of get what you get. Your option is to have a breast lift done.

You may also not lose a bunch of weight from your breasts. You won't know until you get there, unfortunately.