Oh My!

Options
2»

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    How much are you trying to lose? I'm a sedentary 5'3" (well, sedentary because MFP's activity levels don't include purposeful exercise) with less than 10lbs to goal, so I'm on 1360 to lose 1/2lb per week.
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    How much are you trying to lose?

The weight has crept up over the last few years so I have about 100 lbs to lose.

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    to each their own... but I find it easy to eat the very same healthy thing every day for breakfast. I do this because breakfast can eat up most of my calories for the day..and I'd rather have them at dinner.

So, I think nutrition for breakfast. I have three egg whites scrambled with onion, and either spinach, broccoli, or asparagus. sometimes all of them. I put black pepper and turmeric in there for anti inflammation.. and I have oatmeal with blueberries, dash of cinnamon for my complex carb and antioxidant fruit.. and eat a half of a sliced fresh grapefruit to get my vit. C.

it sets the stage for a healthy day...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Unless you are extremely short and sedentary, your calorie goal is probably unnecessarily low:

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/

Not extremely short, 5'8" but extremely sedentary due to health issues so the 1280 cal is about what it should be. In logging, sometimes I do get lax and not weigh everything but go with the package amounts such as for the ham and bread (45 cal a slice for this particular variety) Butter may have been a little over 1 TBSP but not much. Jam way less than what I would have put on just a few weeks ago. The good news is that breakfast did last me most of the day, had an apple for a mid afternoon snack and just finished my supper. Still under the 1280 though not by much. The original post wasn't so much all the calories, I knew it would be up there but that the way I felt after eating it. Just 3 weeks ago I would not have thought twice about eating that much for breakfast, having a good sized lunch and hitting a restaurant in the evening with DH. I guess my eating habits really are changing.

At 1280 cals there is no need to under that amount at all.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Live and learn!