A Ton of NSV but the scale is haunting me

Gallen88
Gallen88 Posts: 171 Member
I’ve lost 2% body fat

Gained 3lbs of muscle

I can see the change in my pictures

I can feel the change in how my clothes fit

My sports bra I just purchased from amazon doesn’t fit right

The thing is I am fully aware that I’m gaining muscle and losing fat. I’m also aware that body fat is more important than the number on the scale and the scale is a collection of muscle and fat

But guess what’s haunting me....

That damn number on the scale.has.not.moved

It’s hard to let it go

abtgtb5guc0t.png

Replies

• SeattleBebop1
    SeattleBebop1 Posts: 26 Member
    You are looking fab and strong! Are you measuring your waistline? If you need a number you can feel good about, you should track the measurements.
  • seaturtle7
    seaturtle7 Posts: 10 Member
    You look great!!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    You do look good! Your waist and shoulders look leaner.
  • Gallen88
    Yes I actually am. I lost 3 inches off my waist
    You are looking fab and strong! Are you measuring your waistline? If you need a number you can feel good about, you should track the measurements.

• corysmithsmail
    corysmithsmail Posts: 166 Member
    I feel you. The scale is definitely a mindf*** sometimes. Maybe only weigh yourself occasionally? Says the person who obssessively weighs every morning. lol

But the important thing is physically, there's obviously a difference. :)
  • elothen
    elothen Posts: 155 Member
    That is some incredible progress! Truth is the scale is really garbage for determining health. The only reason we use it at all is that it's so simple and straight forward and cheap. If we could buy an in-home dexa scanner for $30 and home blood work lab then we'd use that instead and have a lot more sanity. It's great that you're taking your progress pics and paying attention to the other details like clothes fitting. Just weigh once a week (or once every 2 weeks even) and jot it down as 1 data point in a fairly complex equation.

Keep it up, you're doing awesome!
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Throw that &?;+$#@& away!
  • Gallen88
    I feel you. The scale is definitely a mindf*** sometimes. Maybe only weigh yourself occasionally? Says the person who obssessively weighs every morning. lol

But the important thing is physically, there's obviously a difference. :)

Omg it really is! It’s like this lingering nemesis that I want to defeat! I really try but I see it peaking from under my bed and I step on it
  • Gallen88
    elothen wrote: »
    That is some incredible progress! Truth is the scale is really garbage for determining health. The only reason we use it at all is that it's so simple and straight forward and cheap. If we could buy an in-home dexa scanner for $30 and home blood work lab then we'd use that instead and have a lot more sanity. It's great that you're taking your progress pics and paying attention to the other details like clothes fitting. Just weigh once a week (or once every 2 weeks even) and jot it down as 1 data point in a fairly complex equation.

Keep it up, you're doing awesome!

Thank you!

• palmuphandopen
    palmuphandopen Posts: 30 Member
    The scale is just your relationship to gravity. When you're getting discouraged by the number start measuring (even better if you have measurements from before to compare). Your body is changing, it's really obvious from your pictures! You're doing great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!