Protein pancakes problems!

Options
Hey guys I’m looking for a tasty protein pancakes recipe...mine suck lol any help would be appreciated 😊

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I jist use the Kodiak boxed stuff
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    I jist use the Kodiak boxed stuff

I either do that^^ or mix half pancake mix, half protein powder, and almond milk until it's the right consistency.

Side note: Trutein Pumpkin Pie protein powder makes some delicious pancakes.
  • ldigeorge
    ldigeorge Posts: 99 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Here's my recipe. My children love it as well. YMMV.

Makes 30 servings (10 breakfasts): - The mix will keep, sealed, for upwards of 3-4 months. It never lasts that long.

4 cups of Whole Wheat Flour
    3 cups of All Purpose Flour
    1 cup of your Protein Powder of Choice
    1/2 cup of Sugar
    3 tablespoons (and 1 teaspoon) of Baking Powder
    2 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Soda
    2 teaspoons of Salt

To use:

1) Shake Mix
    2) Combine 1 cup of mix with 1 cup of milk, 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
    3) Mix, add more milk as needed.
    4) Make Pancakes.

Nutritional Facts (If it fits your macros) - After adding wet ingredients:

Calories 307
    Total Fat 10 g
    Sodium 512 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 38 g
    Protein 17 g

Also, since this is measured by volume, the calories are based by exact gram measurements with a scale :) Use the nutritional facts. :)
  • corysmithsmail
    corysmithsmail Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I would follow the previous mentioned recipes if those calories work for you. I use the following for 1 serving of pancakes. Usually makes enough batter for 2 medium sized pancakes.

1 scoop of protein powder
    5g of baking powder
    46g of egg whites
    discretionary amount of water.

Mix the powders and egg whites together, then slowly add a little water until the consistency is right.

145 calories
    2.5g carbs
    1.5g fat
    29g of protein.

Calories are so low, you can easily double the recipe. But again, the previous mentioned pancakes sound like they taste better lol. I like these, and I use Pescience Protein which is pretty sweet already so I don't think it needs any sugar added.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Do they fall apart? Add another egg and a couple more tablespoons flour.

Are they bitter? Use a higher quality protein powder.

For flavour try Torani sugar free syrups.

Add a couple tablespoons of flour to this recipe so it holds together properly.

https://pin.it/4oqjajqb2b4zrl
  • ldigeorge
    ldigeorge Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Transcription mistake: The above mix is for 20 servings or 10 breakfasts. Each Cup of mix makes 2 servings. Sorry about that!
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Here’s my recipe (makes 4):
    50g oat flour (pulverise the oats)
    25g vanilla protein powder
    1 egg
    100ml skimmed milk
    Sprinkle of cinnamon

Mix all together and I have with Greek yoghurt and fruit for brekkie. 2 pancakes with the yoghurt easily gives me c25g of protein 😀
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I like Kodiak pancakes, I add an egg to the mix and enough water for the right consistency.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I make the Kodiak buttermilk flapjacks. I do 3/4 cups of mix, 1 egg, 3/4 cup milk, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp baking powder and two mashed bananas.

Edited because I forgot some ingredients the first time.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i use either kodiak or birch bender protein cakes - easy done
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    1 egg
    100ml skimmed milk
    Sprinkle of cinnamon

Mix all together and I have with Greek yoghurt and fruit for brekkie. 2 pancakes with the yoghurt easily gives me c25g of protein 😀

Is this 50g before turning it to flour?
  • StargazerB
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    1 egg
    100ml skimmed milk
    Sprinkle of cinnamon

Is this 50g before turning it to flour?

It should weigh the same.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I would follow the previous mentioned recipes if those calories work for you. I use the following for 1 serving of pancakes. Usually makes enough batter for 2 medium sized pancakes.

5g of baking powder
    46g of egg whites

Mix the powders and egg whites together, then slowly add a little water until the consistency is right.

145 calories
    2.5g carbs
    1.5g fat
    29g of protein.

Calories are so low, you can easily double the recipe. But again, the previous mentioned pancakes sound like they taste better lol. I like these, and I use Pescience Protein which is pretty sweet already so I don't think it needs any sugar added.

Can these be made into waffles also? I have this adorable waffle maker I just bought even tho I don't cook. I have a problem. :)

Also, how much water in general to add for the consistency?
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Wow. I feel really dumb right now! :D:D
    Not sure what I was thinking. I'm not really this dumb, I promise.
  • StargazerB
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Wow. I feel really dumb right now! :D:D
    Not sure what I was thinking. I'm not really this dumb, I promise.

Lol, no worries!
  • LoPotion
    LoPotion Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    These recipes sound waaay better than mine, but here it is (single serving):

1 large egg
    2 egg whites
    1 tbs milk
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    35g vanilla protein powder (I use Cellucor)

Mix it all up and throw it on a pan over medium heat. It comes to about 250 cal/37g protein. I top mine with sugar free pancake syrup because I live a sad existence, but it's low enough in calories that you can (and probably should) top it with something richer.

Cheers!
  • corysmithsmail
    corysmithsmail Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

5g of baking powder
    46g of egg whites

145 calories
    2.5g carbs
    1.5g fat
    29g of protein.

Can these be made into waffles also? I have this adorable waffle maker I just bought even tho I don't cook. I have a problem. :)

Also, how much water in general to add for the consistency?

I don't see why not, though I've never attempted. I always eyeball the water. But if I had a gun to my head, I would say about 40g of water. I just add a little, stir and then if it's still too thick add a little more.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    LoPotion wrote: »
    These recipes sound waaay better than mine, but here it is (single serving):

1 large egg
    2 egg whites
    1 tbs milk
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    35g vanilla protein powder (I use Cellucor)

Mix it all up and throw it on a pan over medium heat. It comes to about 250 cal/37g protein. I top mine with sugar free pancake syrup because I live a sad existence, but it's low enough in calories that you can (and probably should) top it with something richer.

Cheers!

This sounds like it might be crepe like consistency? A little eggy
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I make a pancake by mashing a very ripe banana and combining with an egg and a scoop of protein powder. Sounds strange but it's really delicious. I eat it with a Tbsp of peanut butter and a dab of raspberry preserves.