Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Just For Today
    Already walked the girls to the bus stop👍
    Already finished one laundry load...got interrupted 👍
    Already read a chapter in my book 👍
    Enjoying Soundscapes with a cup of coffee and its 10:30 a.m.
    So not too bad of a start today.

The rest of Tuesday was laid back and filled with THANKFULNESS!
    🎈MY DAUGHTER IS HOME WITH ME🎈
    JFT WEDNESDAY
    WALK GIRLS TO THE BUS STOP
    DO SOME CLEANING
    TAKE BABYGIRL TO HER APPOINTMENT
    EAT
    READ
    RUB AND REST MY KNEES

So pleased for you @maryrobinson40 - hope you can get her the help she needs x
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 30 January

Holiday over and time to get back on track. I've exceeded my maintenance range by 2lbs and need to tackle it now. Previously I reached my target then lapsed, this time I will be METHODICAL and accountable on this thread.

Log everything
    Eat below maintenance calories
    5 fruit and veg
    January water goal
    Excercise
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday was a bit of a fail. Went out for dinner and despite best intentions went way over my calories. Doh. I can still pull it back if I am careful the rest of the week though (and exercise lots).

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile: Yes, even though I didn't want to!
    - Stick to food and drink plan :'( Turns out sushi bars where there is a conveyer belt that keeps bringing tasty looking food right to you is not great for sticking to food plan. Perhaps I could have predicted this one! (I thought it would work in theory as the plates are small with the calories displayed so I thought in theory I could eat up to a certain amount and then stop....hmm. Spent an absolute fortune as well even though am supposed to be cutting back...)
    - Be in the green :'( Definitely not!!!)
    - 4 bottles water :)
    - Run to work :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :smile:
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :neutral: Not lunch, but after the others including the sushi. In fact I did stop myself eating a second mini dessert, which is a (small!) NSV. I was tempted to as my first dessert had been very disappointing and they were very small, but then was like 'no - you're full - stop now, there's no need to make it worse'.
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :/ I clearly did not do this. Opps.
    - Give myself credit! :neutral:

- Train home after concert - no extra drink :smile:
    - Meditate/ French podcast :/ Tired
    - Gratitude journal :/ Forgot!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- 45 minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast
    - Stop work at 5pm
    - Beck diet solution
    - Gratitude journal

Weekly calorie balance: 1200 in the red, gaaaaah
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Meditate once
    3. Exercise when I get home
    4. Don’t get off track because it’s a snow day and you’re off the routine
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday - SCHOOL CANCELLED!
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Quiz. Discussion post.
    3. Prep cheese. Cook rice. Portion saag.
    4. Check with B and parents about lunch. Lunch with parents! Aim for small portions.
    5. Review unit 2 plans and update due to snow day.
    6. Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Strength 4:45. Zumba 6:00. Put the laundry away. Pack bag for school.
    8. Update Goodreads Friday. Write out References for reflection essay.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch: Saag. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Take shoes. Update JFT by - well, by 8:30.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Enter grades. Print Socratic papers and roster for notes.
    3. Class 1-2: Socratic discussion. HW: Reputation.
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Update unit 2 plans and print. B - Grade classwork C - Enter grades. D - Two discussion comments. Check on Week 4 project. Blog post.
    5. Class 4: Reflection presentations; listeners take notes. Grammar closer - review prepositional phrases HW: New Myth, prepositional phrases.
    6. Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Strength 4:30. Draft Week 4 project. Laundry?
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday. Write out References for reflection essay.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Thu lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    Today: 189.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Honors also needs practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases.
    3. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Take recycling to center. Wash car.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

Yay, @Faebert! I'm so glad to hear that. :)

I know the feeling, @bookmeister86 - I feel like I can be a lot more honest about what I think about teaching because I'm posting pseudonymously!

@AJB1014 - Good luck with the interviews and keep us posted! I feel like BOTH your stepdad and your mom are being unfair to you.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,398 Member
    Options

JFT (after work only) Jan 29 REPORTING
    • Check Google Maps for best route home - expect a long drive. B)
    • another 2 X 5 minutes HIIT right when I get home (good for plus-or-minus 120 calories burned in seemingly no time ) B) 119 calories this morning / 131 calories before supper
    • Jogging / exergame before supper (can be relatively short now that I am starting to consider this my "Active Rest activity" rather than my "primary calorie burner") B):D before AND after supper for a total of 1hr 8 minutes .... I found this cycling video along the canal of my home town .....
    • Toastmasters getting the Level One requirements DONE after supper >:) Nope
    • Enter all my various MFP accountability reports B)
    • Wash up dishes (?) o:)

The last two still to do ... but first .... curl up with my evening snack before it gets too late .... and crack open the new book that arrived today ..... I don't get to read in the morning or on the bus commute anymore ....
    • Pre-weigh / pre-pack breakfast & lunch for tomorrow - pre-log everything for tomorrow including anticipated supper (did it once - can do it again .... ) :# pre-weighed (and wrote down) and pre-packed breakfast and lunch, didn't pre-LOG
    • Make sure car is plugged in and snow-screen on windshield before turning in B)

JFT (before work only) Jan 30 GOALS
    • out of bed RIGHT when alarm rings B)
    • NO OPENNING A BOOK! Time is of the essence because traffic WILL be bad! B)
    • weigh-in / 2 X 5 minute HIIT / cook breakfast. (finish by 6:55) PACK breakfast and take to the office to eat. B)
    • Check Google Maps / Directions for traffic time estimate and best route
    • Clear snow only sufficient to get car out of the driveway and leave before 7:30 (another bad driving day expected) :# no significant snowfall, so didn't need to shovel ... out of driveway by 7:35 Ate breakfast at work

BTW it takes ~ 5 to 10 minutes just to get all the outside gear on BEFORE getting out the door and starting any car brushing / ice scraping / (driveway clearing if necessary) .... we dress for "in case car breaks down" here .... killing cold levels not expected to end soon ,,,,, what happened to our traditional January Thaw???? Oh, yeah, that was last Thursday - between 1:30 and 2:17 p.m. ...

JFT (after work only) Jan 29 GOALA
    • Check Google Maps for best route home - expect a long drive.
    • another 2 X 5 minutes HIIT right when I get home
    • Jogging / exergame before supper
    • Toastmasters getting the Level One requirements DONE after supper
    • Enter all my various MFP accountability reports
    • Wash up dishes
    • Pre-weigh / pre-pack breakfast & lunch for tomorrow - pre-log everything for tomorrow including anticipated supper
    • Make sure car is plugged in and snow-screen on windshield before turning in

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    January 29:
    Stayed in the green
    No exercise, but did go birding--saw a life bird--snow bunting-so cute!
    Maintained weight for one week.
    Water--2 cups--not enough
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    26i4vwkyfwsz.png
    Due to extreme cold and dangerous wind chills, my workplace and many others are closed today. Post Office has cancelled delivery. Cabin fever is real. Maybe I'll post goals later. BTW temps are Fahrenheit not Celcius. Air temp is -38C.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    [quote="maryrobinson40

My daughter is home with me now.... Said the mommy with glad, thankful tears in her eyes.😅[/quote]

Oh, Mary, that is wonderful! Good for both of you.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday Jan 29th Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Green - 😈 I had a bag of chips that messed me up, then was hungry at supper and ate more than normal.
    Walk 1 Mile - 😈
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 1/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😈
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Be conscious of my decisions- do not disappoint myself 😕

JFT - Wednesday Jan 30th Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Yesterday I borrowed Lauryn’s car and ran some errands. Picked up some groceries. I still haven’t figured out what to pay. The girl that was supposed to help with my cover letter hasn’t come through yet, so I’m going to sit with that today at some point so I can apply for that job and a couple others I have seen. I truly dislike the job hunt. I find it so discouraging and the market is not good at all.

I think my vinyl is finally going to be delivered today, I have invited everyone for dinner in Sunday to celebrate the girls birthdays so I need to get their gifts completed and make cards.

We are keeping the Grands on Saturday night so I’ll come up with a project for them to do for their Mother and Aunt too.

Have to run and get to it!
    Have a great day everyone.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 - how tragic for that poor family.

I had to laugh at your show picture, I just love your sense of humour.

Faebert - I had no doubt you would do awesome! Good for you!
    It’s one of your girls birthdays? My girls birthdays are Sunday and Tuesday. Mine are much older of course, 30 and 28. I can’t believe I’ll have a 30 year old!

AJB1014 - today is the interview you really want isn’t it? If so, good luck.
    As for your Stepdad if things turn around for him down the road you could always go back although I don’t think I would. As a parent he probably understands and your Mom probably does too, but she’s also concerned for her husband. Tough, tough situation for all of you. I hope they ease up on you. Hasn’t there been a lot going on that’s made it uncomfortable for a while now?

BMCC9 - where are you? We are currently getting some snow but it hasn’t been terrible this year.
    What do you like to read? My daughter is like you with reading. I will be finishing her birthday present today or tomorrow I’ll post a pic when it’s done. I bet you’ll like it too.

Michiwano - to use Bex’s phrase, I had a rubbish day too yesterday. Today we will do better.

Namelesshere - I understand the overstuffed feeling. I wasn’t really hungry until Monday after my indulgence Saturday.

Maryrobinson40- so happy you have her with you.

Bookmeister86- that sounds like a unique experience for eating. I don’t think I could stop either, well if it was something besides sushi coming around. Good idea on the name change. When people ask me what I use I tell them about MFP and then secretly hope they don’t use message boards.

Cschmitz110515 - that is cold! It’s good that they are closing things for it. I get the cabin fever, our car is not working and I’m stuck at home a lot right now. It’s not fun!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    yjkah51kf79r.jpg

And this is our forecast .... crazy!!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    26i4vwkyfwsz.png
    Due to extreme cold and dangerous wind chills, my workplace and many others are closed today. Post Office has cancelled delivery. Cabin fever is real. Maybe I'll post goals later. BTW temps are Fahrenheit not Celcius. Air temp is -38C.

Isn't this INSANE?! My legs were literally burning through my jeans as I walked from my parked car into work this morning. So many places are closed and I'm seriously wondering why on earth they did not allow us to just stay home and work today...instead they told us because of the hazardous and dangerous weather, we can wear jeans. Yup. Jeans. okayyyyyyy. <groan>

I took video of the wind whirling snow like tornadoes out my back door last night.
  • Graceandmiracles
    Graceandmiracles Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Bex953172 wrote: »
    Help! The cravings for food are so bad. Day two of reboot and boy this is tough. I want sugar, chips, everything! I’m full from veggies, water, chicken salad so I’m not starving, just withdrawing. I can do this!

Argh me too! I wont cave in if you dont!!
    We can do this!!

Thanks I didn’t cave except that I wanted carbs so bad i made popcorn with too much oil for supper! Pretty sure I was at or under calories.

• Graceandmiracles
    Graceandmiracles Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Today’s been frustrating. Sinuses are really hurting. Realtor is coming tonight so I’ve been busy mopping, cleaning, scrubbing, stressing. No fruits or veggies yet and only one water. Taking a breather now and I’ll go have some raw veggies for two servings and another glass of water. And I’ll log my popcorn and iced coffee😀. Skipped workout as I knew I’d be working up a sweat all day and I have a broken back so have to pace myself. I’m down from 124 to 123.4 in two days. Goals for the rest of the day are:
    1. 4 servings veggies
    2. 3 more waters
    3. Healthy supper(not popcorn like last night!)
    4. Under calories
    5. Venture out into the arctic to clean off the porch and rearrange furniture
    6. Haul wood in
    7. Clean downstairs bathroom and vacuum entry area
    8. Run Roomba to get what the mopping left behind
    9. Empty recyclables and garbage
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Help! The cravings for food are so bad. Day two of reboot and boy this is tough. I want sugar, chips, everything! I’m full from veggies, water, chicken salad so I’m not starving, just withdrawing. I can do this!

Argh me too! I wont cave in if you dont!!
    We can do this!!

Thanks I didn’t cave except that I wanted carbs so bad i made popcorn with too much oil for supper! Pretty sure I was at or under calories.

LOL i had 2 bowls of cereal last night, i was just so hungry last night and Flo arrived today so im not beating myself up about it. Well done for being within your calories though! Hope you enjoyed your popcorn treat!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,398 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Isn't this INSANE?! My legs were literally burning through my jeans as I walked from my parked car into work this morning. So many places are closed and I'm seriously wondering why on earth they did not allow us to just stay home and work today...instead they told us because of the hazardous and dangerous weather, we can wear jeans. Yup. Jeans. okayyyyyyy. <groan>
    I would have had wind pants OVER jeans .... but if you don't normally get this kind of weather, you wouldn't know to do that, or even necessarily OWN wind pants.

Panty-hose or leggings/tights under the jeans will help. Seriously! (trapped body-temp air next to the skin plus friction) You can always pop into the washroom and take the leggings/tights off - switch to socks or knee-highs once you are at work, if the building is warm.

The bosses probably DID work from home ..... assuming that HQ isn't somewhere out of town and warmer .... "don't want to give impression we are wimps here, who let a little cold stop us .... " That kind of thinking is DANGEROUS!

I posted what follows on some of my other threads, but seem to have missed here ....

Stay safe! Stay Warm!

For the parts of the continent where this weather is NOT typical, so you don't have the outdoor clothes 'cause you just never had to deal with this kind of situation long term on an annual basis ...... EXTREME COLD CAN KILL IN MINUTES IF YOU ARE NOT DRESSED FOR IT AND CAN'T GET INSIDE SHELTER IN TIME!
    We dress for "in case the car breaks down" or at least (for a longer trip than just to work) have the heavy gear in the car as well as wearing the lighter "ok for inside warm car" coat .... just in case.

I have lived in "Cold Country" all my life - it takes more than 5 minutes from " decide it's time to grab my coat" to gearing up, just to get going through the door (assuming everything is together AT the door) ..... and THEN have to start car, scrape or brush car windows, maybe clear sufficient snow or plow leaving to get out of driveway ..... and THEN start longer than normal commute.

So I say again ....

Stay safe, Everyone! Stay Warm!