New to the boards and looking for some friends

Options
Been using MyFitnessPal for 2.5 months and lurking on the boards for the last couple of weeks. At last weigh in (I only weigh in every week to 10 days) I had lost 35 lbs and 3 (almost 4 sizes). The problem is that noone has seemed to notice! Only my best friend and my husband have commented at all. Even though I am so excited to shop for new clothes (Yeah! No more plus for me!) and feel see a transformation, it is so depressing to have worked so hard and not get any comments. So since the folks around me aren't cheering I need some of you!

9588614.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi! I know what you mean! The more friends, the better, but it can be frustrating. Only one neighbor, and really close family have sd anything to me too. You can add me if you like, and I just started a group you might like, it's for daily personal goals - different from most challenges I think. Seach for Daily Goals - Thanksgiving Countdown if you're interested ;)
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    and p.s. you've lost twice what I have so WOW great job!!
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like!
  • RenaeEthridge
    RenaeEthridge Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome weight lose! Fell off the wagon myself, started back last week and lost 5 lbs...that was exciting! I need friends to help keep me incouraged and I'll also do the same!
  • kmumansky
    kmumansky Posts: 119
    Options
    Wow that's GREAT!

I haven't had my first weight in yet, tomorrow is the big day! Although it hasn't been a full week I'm doing The Firm Express and today is my last day of the 4 Day kickstart. I feel great so I'm wondering If I've lost anything doing two workouts a day! I'll be weighing in once a week normally though.

I added you as a friend as I could use friends too!
  • Jessabelle12
    Options
    I highly doubt it's that people haven't noticed - but for some people weight loss is a slightly taboo topic to talk about... They probably worry that if they say "wow you've lost so much weight" you may take it as "wow you were fat before" -

I know this is infact true... my sister told me the other day that her bf had said to her "your sisters lost so much weight but i didnt want to say anything in case she thought i was saying i thought she was fat before" - tbh it just made me laugh cause he's such a nice guy....

Trust me... if there's 35lb less of you - people will notice!! Congratulations... feel free to add me! :)
  • wendyc122005
    Options
    When I started I really dropped quick, but the last month has been alot slower. I am ok with slow if I stay healthy, but I am impatient to get there too!
  • wendyc122005
    Options
    I highly doubt it's that people haven't noticed - but for some people weight loss is a slightly taboo topic to talk about... They probably worry that if they say "wow you've lost so much weight" you may take it as "wow you were fat before" -

I know this is infact true... my sister told me the other day that her bf had said to her "your sisters lost so much weight but i didnt want to say anything in case she thought i was saying i thought she was fat before" - tbh it just made me laugh cause he's such a nice guy....

Trust me... if there's 35lb less of you - people will notice!! Congratulations... feel free to add me! :)

I know that you are right. I just want to hear that my co-workers and friends are noticing! So self-centered I know, but I want some props! This is hard work!

9588614.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I just want to hear that my co-workers and friends are noticing! So self-centered I know, but I want some props! This is hard work!

It is hard to lose weight without the pat on the backs and the shout outs. I know what you mean. Keep in mind though your first pounds disappear and there is not much to notice by most. Hang in there and with time people will start to notice and you will start feeling much better. Whatever you do don't quit. The big lifts are when people that have not seen you for 6 or 7 months maybe a year and they don't recognize you. Do it for you!! You will feel so much better about yourself and that is when people start to notice. Your doing great keep it up.
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    OMG!
    I have been feeling the same way, except "I" haven't been noticing much of a change. I am almost 2 mths in...I am scared to weigh myself because when I look in the mirror, I am not seeing the results I want and i don't want to feel like all this is in vain.
    I know I feel much better so, I keeping going. Losing weight is definitely not easy. I just need some incentive to carry through to the next level. Today, I added rollerblading to my exercise so at 5:30am I was out blading away. This weight has got to go. lol
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    thcri, read ur words, very helpful. Gave me a boost. :flowerforyou:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    When I started I really dropped quick, but the last month has been alot slower. I am ok with slow if I stay healthy, but I am impatient to get there too!

I've plateaued a bit too. It's alright. Don't let it slow you down for even a second. In a few days the scale will show you a big drop, provided you keep it up. You can even exercise more or eat less if you want to break that plateau. But don't do anything drastic.

Friend me anytime. The more support we have the better.
  • xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Jealousy that you can manage to loose weight...
    Afraid to compliment you lieu of you thinking they thought you were "overweight"
    Envy you make time for you....

OH YES....been there. People who see us often may not see what you FEEL. They have noticed! Stay true to you...keep up the wonderful progress, and enjoy those new clothes. Fall is coming! Treat yourself to a new pair of jeans!
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Hi:flowerforyou: Feel free to friend me.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    First of all GOOD FOR YOU!

To your point about no one commenting, people are very uncomfortable about that.
    When it became illegal in this country to tell a woman she had gained weight people got very uncomfortable with the whole subject of weight in public.

Best of luck to you.
  • caligirl328
    Options
    Welcome Wendy!
    Congratz on your weight loss, keep up the awesome job!! :-)
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    It sucks when you work so hard and it seems no one notices or no one cares. Add me I'm a great cheerleader...........of course I'm too fat for the uniform but I'm working on that :laugh: