Intermittent fasting calories

Options
Hey all! I just started giving a go at intermittent fasting. I don’t eat from 8pm-12pm. Question is....between noon and 8pm when I am eating, do I need to be eating my entire 1430 calorie limit? Seems like a lot. I have like 600 calories left over for today

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    you 100% need to eat all your calories daily in your eating window. chose foods that are more calorie dense or open your eating window.

• questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to eat more. I have been doing 16/8, and I end up with 700+ calories at lunch/snack, and another 700-800 at dinner/around dinnertime. Basically I wind up breaking my window down with about an hour of eating from 12-1, then light snacks and/or just water until around 630ish where I eat dinner and stop between 730-8. It feels really weird at first to see a meal that high in calories but it makes sense broken down for a whole day.
  • greenie83
    greenie83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eat bigger meals.
  • burnsdanna
    burnsdanna Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im fasting 18 hours daily with 6 hour eating window, i did struggle initially to get all my calories eaten too but found upping my fat intake ( butter, advocado etc) helped , still leave around 200 daily for a treat or two , love fasting , its so freeing not having to think about breakfast or lunch !! I feel fantastic actually and not just because Im dropping weight :)
  • slowloser1
    slowloser1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am doing the same IF and eating my calories but still not losing any please help
  • j010219
    j010219 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    slowloser1 wrote: »
    I am doing the same IF and eating my calories but still not losing any please help

This would mean you're not in a consistent deficit. Make sure you're tracking right and creating the deficit you need.